❤️87❤️ - Nail-biting Events

Kissing the back of her palms, he saw her flushed face. He moved towards her and placed a decent kiss on her forehead.

"Arjun weds Dora.... Deal?"

"Deal...."

------------------------------

"Tarun, why are you crying? You have to tell me, so that I can help you.... If you keep weeping like this, how would I know?" Dev asked as Tarun just cried non-stop in his room.

Dev had come down to see him in the morning and his condition was worse than what he had expected. The room was messed up and Tarun was crying hard in his bed. His face expressed deep pain and misery which was unexpected for Dev.

Arjun who entered the room after him was also shocked by Tarun's response. Dev looked at Arjun helplessly and signed him to do something.

"Tarun, look.... It's okay if you feel bad about something. We understand and we know you.... Stop crying and be happy. Your brother's wedding is in a few days' time. You should cheer up man!" Arjun said cheerfully.

"No Bhai....I am sorry... I didn't listen to you all these days... I am really sorry. I deserve all this pain and sufferings. I am such an ungrateful person. I didn't take all your advices... whatever I have landed myself now, is because of my own doings." Tarun laid on Dev's lap and sobbed. Dev's heart constricted in his chest as he stared at Tarun dumbfoundedly.

"Tarun.... It's okay... People make mistakes-"

"But mine wasn't a mistake bhai.... I sinned. Now nobody cares for me... I am just a burden for everyone." Tarun hiccupped.

Dev had no idea what possessed Tarun. What could have made him change over-night? This wasn't the Tarun he knew anymore.... He was someone else. This time, his tears didn't look fake. They were real...and he was really crying in pain. Dev could not see his brother crying any longer. He just patted his shoulder in a sign of consoling.

"Tarun, stop blabbering nonsense... that's not true. Everyone cares for you. We may not be very vocal about our love and affection...but if we do care for you. All the time, my mind is only occupied by your thoughts.... How can we easily abandon you?" Dev asked as Tarun covered his face and cried.

"No bhai......... I don't want to be embarrassed anymore. If I stay in the wedding, everyone will make fun of me..... I....I" he sobbed as Dev gawked at him.

"What are you saying? Why will you feel embarrassed and why would people make fun of you?" Dev asked gobsmacked.

"Exactly? Which idiot has the guts to make fun in our house?" Arjun frowned.

"Na-Natsha....she.....I..." Tarun looked down, not being able to meet his brothers eyes.

"Look Tarun...." Arjun scooted closer to them and sat down on the floor. "I will make sure no one talks about you anymore. We all will forget everything that happened in the past and move on. What matters the most is, your realisation. That's the most important thing. You have changed and we are happy for that.... Trust me, you will find a better person than Natasha in your life. She's a crazy woman and don't take her words seriously. You deserve a better girl in life...." Arjun said softly and Dev nodded in approval.

"No bhai.... No one would forget. Not Sona bhabhi.....or maa....or... they look at me like I disgust them....soon, everyone will look a-at me t-that w-way-" before he could complete, Dev stopped him.

"See Tarun, I already spoke to Sona and she has nothing against you. She is keeping a distance from you because she feels that she may spark up an argument. Apart from that, none of us hate you. Maa loves you a lot.... If you don't trust me, ask her." Dev said and Tarun sat upright.