❤️25❤️ - Growing Distances

"Why am I not surprised?" she rolled her eyes and he immediately hugged her. Sonakshi was taken aback by his sudden move. She stood frozen by his side when he tightened the hug.

"You are going to be the death of me Sona!"

-----------------------------

"Leave me...." She gently pulled away from the hug.

"Why?"

"What are we even doing...I am so damn tired of this Dev." Sonakshi said and Dev frowned at her.

"I don't get what you are saying...."

"I am saying...that this," she pointed towards the space between them, "Has to stop!" she said sternly.

"And what's this?".

"This hugging or kissing can't continue. You have to understand Dev.... I am still depressed and all this isn't helping me!" she said and sat on the bench.

"But you seemed to be comfortable?"

"Because I am dumb! Okay? I am truly dumb.... Whenever someone hugs me, I become paralysed. For now, I just need to be away from all guys. Especially you" she said which made Dev just shook his head.

The silence caressed her skin like a cool summer breeze, smoothing her soul, taking away her jagged edges. It had been one hell of a rough day and being with Dev only made it worse for her. She couldn't even figure out what she was feeling. Angry, terrified or sad.....she didn't know. It was like a mixture of emotions.

"You are scared..." he said, taking a seat next to hers'.

Sonakshi's eyes widened. Her head snapped in an instant and faced him surprisingly.

"What?"

"I said.... You are scared"

"Did I say something loud?"

"No..... I just guessed that."

"Scared of what?"

"You are scared of feeling scared. You are terrified about developing feelings towards anyone. Be it friendship or love. You are too soft to even hurt people. Maybe all you need is someone to roughen you up"

"You know something? I am a doctor.... I am not so stupid okay. Sometimes you make me feel like I don't even understand my own self and you are the one who's teaching me every single feeling." She vented as he just smiled at her.

"I didn't say you were stupid...." He bumped her shoulders playfully.

"I know... it's just......"

"Don't think too much. I know you are hurt and you are trying to come out from it... but before you leave this house, I want you to become strong. Not physically, but mentally." he winked.

Taking his things from the floor, he walked quietly towards the house. But before his figure could fade away, Sonakshi's voice hit his ears.

"Sorry Dev..."

-----------------------------

Next day was a hard day for Sona. She gave up on the idea of learning how to fight but she really loved the way Dev taught her defence. He made it seem like fighting wasn't really a difficult job after all. He tried building the confidence in her and she really appreciated his help.

She didn't know when she was going to leave him....but before she left, she had to build back her confidence. She had to do something to escape her horrifying life in India.

She finished her practical classes and rushed out to check the anatomy models. When she was about to leave the operating room, she was blocked by a huge frame. The moment she looked up, words chocked in her mouth.