❤️32❤️ - Earning Forgiveness

*Warning: Mature Content – Explicit Scenes*

"Well.....you said that it didn't bother you right? Then why are you crying sunshine? Tell me something..... Did it hurt you so much...when you knew that someone else was going to take your place?" he asked, pulling her closer.

"It just hurts........" she admitted.

"How much?"

"So much...." she whispered back.

Dev smiled and cupped her face to look at him, "So much huh?"

"Hmmmm...." She hummed, hugging him again.

--------------------------

Dev was on cloud nine after the entire confession. He made a mental note to never pressurize her like this again. After consoling her, he managed to bring her back to the function.

Sonakshi remained quiet the entire time in the ceremony. She silently helped Asha with the chores and served the guests. She didn't face Dev in the functions since he was busy too. Arjun received her glares but she wasn't angry at him anymore. Sonakshi gave a cold shoulder to Tarun during the entire event. She didn't care if anyone was around or not. She waited for the function to come to an end and the and when guests had retired, she faced Arjun.

"Sonakshi.... I am sorry!" Arjun sighed as he walked behind Sonakshi like a lost puppet.

"What happened to the nicknames you were using? 'Grandma' right?" she huffed sarcastically.

"Okay see, for whatever happened earlier, it was my idea! I am sorry for that.... But even you never called me lovingly like a friend. You always spat my name like some dog on the streets?"

"Excuse me! Don't play this blame game on me. I always called you with respect okay?" she retorted.

"Oh really.... Try calling me..."

"Arjun!"

"Nah.... You can do better..."

"Arjun..." she whispered softly.

"That sounds so plain. Add some smile....might help."

Sonakshi inhaled a deep breath and tried again, "Arjunnn" she smiled.

"Nope! No affectionate feeling.... Go practice and then try again." He sulked and walked away.

Sona stood there dumbfounded. She was the one who was supposed to throw tantrums but she couldn't believe that Arjun overtook her.

She shook her head tiredly and started to walk away when she recalled something.

Dev walked down the stairs with a tired expression. It was a long and tiring day for him. He searched for Sonakshi but she was nowhere to be found. He sighed and turned to the garden area behind, only to see Arjun and Asha sitting there. His eyes narrowed in confusion.

Where could she have gone?

"Maa, where's Sona?" his voice rose in panic as he approached his mother. Asha cocked her eyebrows and got up from her seat.

"I thought she was with you?" She asked and walked to the kitchen to check for Sona while Dev grew restless. When he realized that Sona wasn't in the guest room too, his body grew rigid.

"I just saw her here.... Don't know where she went." Asha replied confusedly, returning from the kitchen.

"Shit.... I told her not to leave the place. Where did she go?"