❤78❤ - Horrendous Lies

"Hello? I asked you a question?" Arjun waved and Tara just pinched her temples in embarrassment. She wanted to just jump down from the building and suicide.

"What did you ask me, again?"

Arjun raised his eyebrows with a smirk and repeated his question.

"I asked, who told you that I was at home?"

"Your brother. Tarun..."

-------------------------------

"Hello?"

"Hi, have you reached safely?" Arjun took a deep breath and waited for Dev's response. The environment behind Dev was chaotic and Arjun could barely hear what Dev was speaking.

"DEVVV are you there?" Arjun closed one ear and tried to listen to the other side. He wondered why the connection was so poor.

"Hey bro, yea reached. On my way to my hotel. Where's Sona? And why is mum not picking up? Is everything okay? Hello??? I texted Sona from the flight, but she still hasn't reply me yet... What happened?" Dev asked his questions in a flow without letting Arjun speak.

"Dev... Dev, relax. Where are you and when's the concert exactly?" Arjun asked with a composed tone.

"In two more hours. But that's not the worry now. I need to talk to Sona. Could you give it to her?" Dev asked as Arjun gulped heavily. He knew that he was going to die for his lie, but he couldn't let Dev know about Sona's accident prior his performance. He would break heavily or hastily book his flight back.

"Dev......... Sona is not feeling well. She is resting on top. I think that's the reason she hasn't seen your message yet. When she's awake, I will ask her to call you." Arjun replied calmly.

"Are you serious? Damn... can you wake her up at least? I can't be in peace without talking to her yaar!" he whined, and Arjun just smiled with a heavy heart.

"Dev, maa is with her. You don't worry. It's just some normal cramps. Don't stress yourself. I will ask her to call once she's awake, okay?" Arjun cheered him up and Dev chuckled loudly. Asha was standing beside Arjun, throwing daggers at him for his lies.

"Well, I trust you with them. I am not worried at all. But I just had this weird feeling ever since I took the flight.... And I am unusually missing Sona. You know how much I trust my intuitions right?" Dev asked playfully and Arjun just nodded. He knew Dev couldn't see his face, but he was extremely scared to reply him. Lying to Dev wasn't an easy task like how Tarun thinks of it to be.

Just a little shake of your voice, and you will be caught.

"Screw your intuition. It can't be always right.... Maybe Sona is missing you too. That's why you guys are communicating through telepathy!" Arjun teased as Dev laughed lightly.

"Okay bro, producer is here. Wil talk to you later. I want to speak to Sona when I call you next. Better wake her up!" Dev warned and Arjun just hummed in response.

He switched off the phone and looked at the ceiling in daze. Errrrr, why Sonakshi? Why can't you walk properly on the road????

There was too much for Arjun to take in. First Sonakshi's accident, revelation of Natasha driving Tarun's car, Tarun's lies to Tara.... Everything was brutalizing his mind. Why would Tarun lie to Tara about something like that? Did he hate him so much? Was impressing Tara more important than his own brother's dignity?

Arjun felt pained than betrayed. He didn't feel angry at Tarun. Instead his chest felt like it was being tightened by a string of ropes. The constant emotional pains in his life was making him weak and vulnerable. He didn't want to fall weak at this time...