❤31❤ - Love In The Air

Aunty Sofia ears began to blush bright red due to her nephew's bluntness. Asha rolled her eyes and gave him a 'shut-up' glare. She definitely wasn't expecting him to be so blunt. Sonakshi clenched her fists. She wished that she could just disappear from the awkward conversation. Her face was already flushed and anymore awkwardness would only make her become a bright tomato.

The dinner was served and soon everyone changed the topic. Dev's family was weird but Sonakshi still enjoyed their small banters. She had never experienced such people and it was totally a different atmosphere for her. They looked so real....... Like real humans. With little flaws and beauty, they made her feel so alive unlike the people she had met before. Among all the people she had lived with, they looked like the most normal ones.

It was took about two hours for everyone to leave the house. Sona couldn't help but sigh in relief as they stepped out. Dev was right... they were truly the number one gossipers in the world. When it was time to leave, Asha walked them out while Sona followed.

"Next time, remember to hide your hickeys dear" Aunty Laila whispered teasingly before she stepped out. Sonakshi gasped as her hands immediately went to her neck. She didn't seem to find anything until she felt a small uneven bump on her skin. Her mouth widened.

Damn Dev!

She looked around and saw Dev talking to his mother and Arjun. Not wanting to disturb them, she slowly walked to her room to get changed.

---------------------------

"Arjun....we should have guessed when Jaanvi's father kept showing both his daughters.... Gosh, I should have known!" Asha sighed.

"Why maa, what did they say now?" Arjun asked.

"You didn't know?"

"What mum? I don't understand...." Dev intruded.

"Dev..... You know, that day when the bride's father showed us his both daughters? We couldn't even find who the bride was...." Asha muffled her smile when she spoke to Dev.

"Ya, what about that?" Dev replied with confusion.

"Actually Dev...... they proposed that they want their second daughter Riya to get married in this family too" Asha said softly and Arjun's eyes popped out.

"What??"

"Whatt??"

Both Arjun and Dev gasped at the same time.

"I am sorry mum.... Marrying two girls at once is a crime. I won't agree to this even if Arjun is okay with it" Dev responded and Asha rolled her eyes.

"Yea even me maa. I am fine with just Jaanvi!" Arjun sighed dreamily while Asha smacked his head.

"Ouch...."

"Who is talking about you! I am glad that after seeing you, Jaanvi even said okay for the marriage" Asha teased.

"Then who? Ouh shit.... Mamaji? Maa, you should tell them that he is old and can't afford another marriage right now-"

"Okay that's enough Dev! You know who I am talking about!" Asha crossed her arms and Dev looked at them quizzically.

"Who?"

"Of course you bro! Why are you acting dumb?" Arjun laughed and Dev stood shocked.

For a moment, he forgot that the world still sees him as a bachelor. He was so committed to Sonakshi and their marriage that he didn't even think about him as an option. That thought made him smile.

"So what's the smile about? Should I give Riya your number?" Arjun stifled his smile.

"Nah.... I love my wife too much. No more ladies in my life" he said casually, making Asha smile. She never thought that she would hear such sentences from Dev ever.