❤️38❤️ - My Safe Place

*Mature Content*

"No sir..... actually I asked her whether she had an appointment but-"

"You are fired!" before she could complete Dev's warning tone reverberated through the hall.

-----------------------------

Once Dev's order was imposed, all the staff were stunned at their place. Everyone knew that when Dev said something, no one had a say in it. Arjun immediately cleared the people and sent off the clients. People resumed their job as usual while Sonakshi was escorted to Dev's cabin on the twelfth floor.

"Where were you guys at all these while?" Dev growled at one of Sona's body guard.

"Sir we tried following her in. But before I could park the car, she came running inside.....I-"

"That's not an excuse Ron. Where the others?" Dev's tone grew sharper with every question while the bodyguard gave him a helpless look.

"They are still investigating what happened at UCL...."

Sonakshi never stopped crying even after reaching his office. Arjun had no idea how to console her. No matter how many times she was questioned, she refused to respond. She kept weeping while holding on to Dev all the time. Dev tried making her sit on a chair, but she wasn't even willing to let go of him. So, without much choice, Dev made her sit on a sofa and sat next to her.

Arjun tried getting in contact with the school staffs and other bodyguards. Meanwhile, Asha had called Arjun and informed him about Sona's sudden disappearance from the lecture hall too.

Arjun couldn't connect the dots. He only understood that something should have happened after she left the class. He looked at Dev with a concerned look and signaled him to ask her something.

"Sona........you have to stop crying like a baby all the time. You are Dev Sharma's wife.... Not Abhi's girlfriend you know?" Dev teased but that only made her cry harder.

"Stoppp it!" she hit him on his shoulders, making Arjun chuckled.

"Fine... ok sorry...... you have to calm down Sona. See I am just here... Tell me what happened, so that I can do something about it" Dev asked helplessly as she still kept weeping uncontrollably.

"I don't want to go to University anymore.... I just want to stay at home" she sobbed and looked at him with tear-stricken face.

Dev could feel that it pained her to even say those words. He uncovered her hands from her face and wiped her tears with his thumb.

"You have all rights to take any decision you want.... But before that, I want to know what happened. Why are you taking this huge decision?" Dev asked calmly as he felt her cries slowly dying.

"I......I walked out of class...during the middle......of..the....lesson-"

"Yea I know that. What happened after that?" Arjun asked impatiently.

"Can you shut the fuck up for some time?" Dev threw a deadly glare at him and Arjun showed his signature sign of sealing his lips.

"I don't know what happened to me..... I couldn't stay inside the class.....I felt like someone was choking me....so I left....without telling anyone.... It was my fault" she felt guilty even when she spoke about it. Fresh set of tears pooled down her eyes as she bowed her head down in shame.

"It's okay Sona...... You did nothing wrong. Different things happen to different people"

"No...Dev..... I shouldn't have left my class......but I had no choice. I felt claustrophobic out of the sudden.... I couldn't breathe....it...it was like a.....panic attack...I...I"