❤️27❤️ - Legally Wedded

"Maa please... I need to do this" I tried but she dropped down on her knees and covered her face with her palms.

The next words she said completely made me devastated.

"Killing Sanjay would not bring back your father alive Dev!"

---------------------------

Sonakshi was numb. She sat on the floor at the very far end of the room. Even under a heavy cotton sheet her body was radiating heat like a brick right out of the oven. She didn't know when her body temperature started rising.

She quickly took a warm shower and dressed up for her classes. She knew that Dev would not forbid her from attending the university. So she smartly covered up her face with minimal make-up and wore full sleeved dress with a coat.

She wanted to hide her health because if anyone knew that she was unwell, they would stop her from going anywhere. Sleep evaporated from her eyes. She desperately needed to escape from the place and that was her only goal.

She still remembered what she saw in his file. Drug dealing records and medical reports of dead people. Out of all the people, she trusted Dev a lot. She thought that he was kind and genuine. But even he betrayed her. He was a bloody murderer. Hot tears escaped her eyes as she felt creeped out by the details he had.

He had everything....

Every single photo of her parents, details about her father, every business deal of 'Sanjay Agarwal' was found there.

She felt betrayed. Whenever she asked him about how he knew so much about her, he always lied to her on her face. She couldn't even bear to face Dev anymore. He was the last person she thought, would lie to her but now....

She lost all the trust she had on him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Maa....maa?" her voice was small and words were not clear but she knew that something was wrong when she heard her mother's cries echo through the huge washroom. She didn't like the sound of her loud wailing. She wanted her mother to be normal again...

She wanted her mother to smile at her, hug her and play with her. She wanted her mother to be normal...

"Maa....do you want to play with me" she asked, trying to make her mother smile.

"No darling....mummy's tired" she smiled lightly, wiping away her tears as she opened her arms to Sonakshi.

Sona walked confusedly at the way she was sitting. Her dress was raised up her thighs and legs were opened. She had blue marks all over the top of her legs that had been coated with a thick layer of balm, causing it to look glossy.

"What's this?" Sona asked touching the scars on her mother's legs.

"It's nothing Sona..."

"Did daddy hurt you again?" Sonakshi's voice was filled with fear.

Her mother wiped her nose using the back of her hands before wrapping her arms lightly around Sona's stomach .

"He....... he was just........ angry" she tried justifying.

"But I don't like it..."

"Look Sona.... You shouldn't say this kind of stuff infront of dad. He will...he will be mad"

"Did father beat you?"

"No...."

"Then why are you crying?"

She looked down at her child with awe. She had no answers for her and lying to her became difficult.