Chapter 5

It wasn't long before Molly had an excuse to go over to Dominick's. After she got out of the pool she took a shower and then decided it was a good idea to lay out her clothes for work tomorrow, but they were terribly wrinkled from being packed tight in her luggage. So she headed downstairs and threw them in the washer but once it started there was a loud groaning sound followed by a pop, and then the washer stopped.

"No. No. No." She opened the lid and readjusted her clothes thinking the weight was unbalanced and then pressed start again. But the groaning and popping sound was back and she groaned in frustration. "Great! Just great!"

It was Sunday afternoon and nobody was going to be open to fix her washer and she didn't have a car yet so she couldn't go to a laundry-mat. And that's when she looked out the small laundry room window towards Dominick's house and saw that his lights were on.

She walked across the lawn, feeling the evening dew from the grass on her toes, and marched right up to his door. Then she took a deep breath before knocking.

He wasn't answering. So she went to knock again, and that's when the door opened and Dominick stood there in all his gloriousness. His shirt was back on and he wore jeans that hugged his hips just right. He had his hand high on the door, his biceps strong and flexed as he gripped the door and Molly swallowed.

Then his eyes traveled down her body and he cocked an eyebrow and she saw that he was battling within himself to keep it cool. She looked down at herself and she nearly squealed with embarrassment. She was in such a rush to get over here that she forgot that she was barely dressed from her shower, only wearing her boy-short style panties and a tank top that showed her belly and revealed her hard nipples.

He groaned, "what do you want, Molly?" He didn't seem pleased to see her.

She blushed as she tried to answer him, "I was trying to wash my clothes for tomorrow and when I threw them in the washer it started making funny noises and stopped working after drenching my clothes with soapy water. I tried to start it again but it did the same thing. And those are my clothes for work tomorrow and I have no way to clean them now and no way to get to a laundry-mat," she took a deep breath in, realizing how much she just rambled out.

Dominick cocked an eyebrow at her, "I can take a look at it. Let me grab my tools." Then he shut the door on her face.

She scoffed as she stood nearly naked on his front stoop while he did whatever it was he was doing. She looked around hoping the other neighbors weren't watching this and thinking their newest neighbor was a nut-job. "Jesus, Molly, what are you doing?" And right when she stepped from his front stoop to head home, he opened the door and stepped out, closing the door tightly behind him.

They didn't say a word as they walked back across the grass to her house. The porch creaked under their feet as they walked inside, still not saying a word.

"Where's the machine?" Dominick finally asked once they were inside.

"This way." Molly led the way through the kitchen and into a small room. She turned on the light and stood out of the way as he set his tools down on the floor.

He started pulling things off of it that she didn't even know was removable as he got down farther and stuck his head in and looked around. She could watch him work like this for hours, she thought to herself. His tattooed arm held him up as his muscles flexed from the weight.

Then he leaned back on his feet and looked up at her, "this things shot. The bearing is fucked and you'll need a whole new machine. They don't fix these old machines anymore."

Molly sighed, "great. Just what I needed right now."

He stood up and brushed his hands on the front of his jeans, not looking at her, "you can wash this load at my place," he paused, "but don't make a habit of it." Then he grabbed his tools and walked out of the room.