Chapter 34

It had been 3 days since Molly had been staying on Josh's couch and she was exhausted and couldn't wait to get out of here. It was nice that Josh offered her a place to stay but living with these men who walked around in boxers or sometimes nothing at all, left her uncomfortable.

She had purchased a prepaid phone the day before as she awaited some phone calls from prospective landlords but so far nothing.

She was going to call home and ask for help moving back but her pride took over and she stayed put. Not to mention that Derek was back there and if he knew she was home he'd come knocking and he was the last person she wanted to deal with.

Molly still hadn't heard from Dominick or Pierre, but how could she? She had a new number and didn't have theirs memorized. However, she did keep an eye on his website and couldn't help but stare at the photo of Dominick and Monique together. And it made her sick.

She continued to scroll through the site and stopped when she saw a photo of Melissa and Dominick together with a caption that read: "Dominick Woods and Melissa Williams pose for a photo outside Mr. Woods' new establishment for the youth in downtown Chicago." 

Molly's rage boiled to the top again

Molly's rage boiled to the top again. Now her sister was there?!

She had to close the page or she was going to scream. Her own sister was betraying her.

Her sadness was gone and now she was crippled by so much anger that she was a ticking time bomb. If she had the money, she'd fly out to Chicago and confront each one of them. Mostly Dominick.

Then her phone began to ring and she answered it, "hello.." her anger clearly evident in her tone.

"Um, is this Ms. Williams?"

"Yes..?" Molly replied.

"Hi. My name is Stacy. I run the Oak Tavern Apartments. I'm calling in regards to your application. Are you still interested in a unit? I can meet you in an hour to look it over and finalize the paperwork?"

Molly's heart started pounding and her anger was replaced with excitement, "yes!! I will be there. Thank you so much for calling me back."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dominick was signing some papers as he spotted Melissa pacing across the room from him with a worried look on her face. He kept signing and half listened to his lawyers, but his attention was on Melissa. And now Pierre who walked up to Melissa and looked worried too.

Then Pierre looked at Dominick with a worried look on his face and he knew something was wrong.

"Excuse me, gentleman, I need a moment." Dominick said to his lawyers as he stood up from the table and walked over to them. "What's wrong?"

"It's Molly..." Pierre started.

Dominick felt the blood drain from his face and anxiety fill his stomach, "what is it?..." he felt faint. Something better not have happened to Molly or he was going to flip out.