Chapter 39

Molly woke up and felt like shit. Her head was pounding and she felt so exhausted that she could barely move her body. And she was sooo thirsty!!

The light in the room stung her eyes but she looked around anyways. And then she realized she was in the hospital. Why was she in the hospital? What happened?

Then her eyes landed on Melissa.

"Mel?" Molly's voice cracked and her throat hurt.

Melissa whipped her head up to the sound of Molly's voice and jumped up from the chair, running to her side.

"Thank god, you're awake! How are you feeling?" Melissa had bags under her eyes and they were terribly blood shot.

"Why am I here?" Molly whispered, not able to speak any louder.

"You don't remember?" Molly shook her head, "you had an allergic reaction and because other things were going on in your body, your body nearly shut down."

Molly mulled over her words for a moment before she asked, "where's Dominick?"

Melissa looked pissy then, "they won't let him or Pierre back here. They aren't family."

"The hell they aren't..." Molly tried to sit up but she was so exhausted she fell back into the bed.

"Don't exert yourself. You will get out of ICU now that you're awake and the guys can come back after that." Melissa reached forward and rubbed Molly's forehead, pushing her hair back, "why didn't you tell anyone?"

Molly scrunched her eyebrows together, "tell anyone what? My allergies aren't that severe."

Melissa shook her head, "no. But you could have told us about your dangerously low white blood count. A condition you've had for awhile, apparently. What the hell were you thinking?"

Molly felt the blood drain from her face. "What did you just say?" She had a condition? What condition?

Melissa laughed, "don't joke, Molly."

But Molly just shook her head as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Shit." Melissa breathed, "I thought you knew...."

Molly shook her head and started crying.

And then Melissa leaned forward as much as she could and wrapped Molly in her arms.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were just keeping this from all of us." Melissa whispered, "and don't worry....neither of the guys know what's going on... I haven't left your side."

Molly's bottom lip trembled, "am I dying?"

Melissa cried then too, "I'll let the doctors tell you more, sis. But the good news is...you're awake!"

Molly laughed through her sobs, "don't make me laugh!"

Melissa laughed through her own sobs as she leaned back and stared down at Molly and nodded, "I have to keep your spirits up somehow, right?"

Molly loved that her sister was here by her side, but all she wanted was Dominick. She needed his strong arms around her right now. She felt so alone and so frightened! What the hell was going on?

Then her door opened and Molly looked up to find a man in a white coat walk in and smile at her.

"I heard someone finally woke up," he was a young, handsome doctor with soft brown eyes, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm not entirely sure." Molly answered honestly, "I'm so tired....and so thirsty!"

The doctor laughed, "I'll have your nurse bring you some water," the doctor walked over and touched her arm, "my name is Kiel, and I'll be working along side you through most of this," he gave Melissa a warm smile, "were you aware of the blood condition you have, Ms. Williams?"