Chapter 40

Molly had spent one more night in the hospital so they could monitor how her body would react to the medications. And they were fine. She was released from the hospital and was bombarded by Pierre, Dominick, and Melissa. As much as she loved all of them, she just wanted to be left the hell alone for five seconds.

"How are you feeling?" Pierre asked as he stood back so Dominick could help her into the car.

"I'm fine..." she growled out, "you can all stop babying me now." She glared at each of them.

"You're still really weak, babe." Dominick replied, holding her waist as he guided her into the passengers seat.

"I am not a fucking doll," she snapped, "I'm not going to break."

They all stood there in silence and let Molly have her little fit.

"Damn, those pregnancy hormones are already making you a monster," Pierre whispered.

And at the pregnancy word, Molly felt nauseous as she glared at Pierre over her shoulder, "shut up."

He held up his hands and backed up, whispering something to Melissa.

Dominick smirked at her as he leaned in to stare at her, "you good? Are you done snapping at everyone?"

She glared at him for a moment more and then looked straight ahead, "can we go? I'm starving..."

Dominick paused there for a second but when Molly didn't look at him or say anything more, he finally backed away from her and shut the door. She heard him murmur something to Pierre and Melissa before he circled the car and got in the driver's seat.

He didn't say anything when he started the car and took off and Molly was thankful for that.

Then he reached over and tried taking her hand with his but she pulled it away from him.

"Molly..." he started.

But she shook her head, "please, just leave it be, Dominick," Molly scolded, "I just... I'm tired. Can we go back to the room? I need to rest."

Dominick took a deep breath but stayed silent as he did what Molly wanted him to do.

Once they were in the room, she walked back into the bedroom and slightly shut the french doors as she peeled off her clothes, put on one of Dominick's tees and slipped into bed. She pulled the comforter over her head and closed her eyes.

She was almost asleep when she felt Dominick slip under the blanket with her, bringing his body tightly up behind hers as he placed his hand on her stomach and kissed the top of her shoulder.

She didn't move a muscle as she just laid there, wondering what he wanted.

Then he slid his hand up her from her stomach, underneath his tee, and grabbed her breast. He lowered his mouth on her neck and nibbled her lightly. And she was not affected at all.

She grabbed his hand and pushed it down and out of the shirt.

"Don't..." she breathed, moving away from him.

"What's wrong?" He grabbed her hip and squeezed.

She jumped away from him, getting out of bed, and turned to him, "why can't you just leave me alone?!" Then she turned on her heel and slammed the bathroom door and locked it.

Molly was an emotional mess and she just wanted to be left alone. It didn't mean she didn't love Dominick, but he was smothering her. Everything was happening so fast and she felt like she was in a tornado.

Was it too much to ask for some privacy?! She thought, as she turned on the shower and stripped down. This obviously affected Dominick too, and she should be talking to him about all of it, but right now she just wasn't ready to. She wanted to do her own thing for one  day. That was all she wanted. She had to work through her own dark thoughts before she could discuss anything with Dominick or anyone else for that matter.