Chapter 22

It was Saturday morning and Molly hadn't felt this good in days. She woke up with all smiles and wondered what her day would bring. After last night and making a truce with Dominick to be just friends somehow lifted a huge weight off of her shoulders. She was no longer extremely upset with him and their new found friendship is just what she needed.

She found herself down in the kitchen having her normal cup of tea for the day when her phone started ringing.

"Hey Pierre," she answered in a giddy voice.

"Wow. Did some body get laid last night?" Pierre laughed from the other end.

Molly giggled herself, "no, but Dominick and I have made up. We're going to try being friends."

"Oh?" Pierre sounded mischievous, "well, that's a good thing. So that means you'll be coming with me today to his place?"

Molly was confused, "what's today at his place?" He didn't say anything to her last night.

"Oh, he's having a BBQ and pool party with some friends, he told me to invite you too. But I think that was before you two made a truce. So, if he calls and asks then this is a complete surprise to you, okay?" Pierre laughed, "I'll be over in a bit anyways. Chow, babe."

Then he hung up before she could even say anything. He must be in a really good mood himself because when he is he's all over the place and talks a million words per second. Hell, she didn't even get to say goodbye before he had hung up.

She was finishing her tea when she looked out to the back and saw that a few of her lounger chairs were moved and the cushions had blown off. Funny, she though, she didn't remember a storm coming through last night. But it made sense that she missed it because she was in a deep sleep and hadn't slept that well in weeks.

She rinsed out her cup and headed out back to pick up the patio a bit and see what else the storm may or may not have blown over.

"Morning, neighbor."

She jumped at the sound of his voice and spun to find Dominick grinning at her from over the fence.

"Good morning," she replied with a shy smile as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "did we get a storm last night?"

He nodded, "just some rain and heavier than normal winds." He nodded towards her chairs, "looks like it moved your stuff around too."

She looked back down at her loungers, "that it did," she replied.

"Hm," he started, "glad I caught you then. I'm having a BBQ and little get together today if you want to join us. Pierre will be here, too."

She nodded, totally ignoring Pierre's statement from earlier, "yeah, he just called me and invited me. He didn't know you and I made a truce."

Dominick gave her his sexy half grin as he slowly nodded, "glad we did."

She blushed and nodded also, "me too..."

"Well," he blew out a breath, "I'll see you in a bit then? You don't need to bring anything but yourself."

She nervously nodded and then he was gone and disappeared behind the fence once more. She wasn't sure why, but she was a little nervous about today. They had just become friends last night and now they would be hanging out already today? Molly still had reservations against him and his career and would probably never get passed that, but that's why she agreed to be just friends, right? Then Noah's face popped into her head, basically her boyfriend, and she had forgotten all about him. He would make it easier to be Dominick's friend, right?