Chapter 15

They found a nice quiet place on the beach as Pierre opened his laptop and stuck the disc inside.

She did not want to watch porn with her best friend on the beach but he had insisted so now here she was.

"This better be for research, Pierre..." she scolded him.

He looked sympathetically at her before turning back to the screen and bringing up the movie player.

Molly saw the main screen pop up and about twelve small boxes with previews of a scene flashing in them appeared. Why did this guy look like Dominick? And why was he in every scene? Then her eyes shot to the bottom of the screen where she saw his name. The name people called him.

Starring, Nick Woods.

And several female names but she didn't care about theirs. She only cared about one name.

Pierre scrolled back up and clicked on the first box as the screen went black and then the scene began. She froze when she saw Dominick standing by a bed as Lauren walked up to him wearing a silk robe. Her eyes were glued to the screen, her hands were shaking, and everything felt numb.

Then she watched as the two of them started making out and shortly after Lauren was on her knees in front of him as she took his erection into her mouth.

Molly almost threw up as she looked away at the same time she slammed the screen shut.

"What the fuck is this?!" Molly was hysterical. Her hands were shaking uncontrollably and she felt like she was going to have a panic attack. Her chest was tight and she felt faint. "Pierre! What is that?!" Her bottom lip trembled.

Pierre stared at her with sympathetic eyes as he whispered, "Dominick is a porn star, Molly."

She shook her head, "no. No, he's not..." She was in complete denial. She didn't want to believe that.

"I saw him there today, Molly," Pierre said softly, "I watched him as he..." he paused, wanting to be gentle with her, "as he... ya know...with another woman."

Molly let out a hysterical laugh, "is this a joke?" She looked around, "where are the camera's? Did you guys put this together?"

Pierre shook his head, staring at her with completely serious eyes and that's when she realized that Pierre was telling the truth and that everything she believed she knew about Dominick was shattered.

He was a porn star? She thought back to the first time she ran into him, literally, all the way up to the night they shared last night and she felt all the blood drain from her cheeks. All the signs were there, she thought, how did she not know? How could she have been so blind and so naive? The women and men he had around all the time and the way he knew how to fuck her, the toys in his bathroom. Everything all made sense now.

"How could I have been so stupid?..." she whispered, her anxious bubble of grief was rising up inside of her as she let out a sob. And then she was full out bawling as she leaned into Pierre, his arms wrapping around her, as he let her cry out her pain, her confusion.

"You aren't stupid, Molly..." Pierre whispered, "you were blinded by your love for him..."

The mention of how she felt about him sent a new wave of sadness through her as she sobbed out harder, gripping his shirt to bury her face farther into him. And Pierre just sat there and held his best friend while she cried her heart out in his arms. He would hold her for hours if she needed it.

++

Molly was completely numb as she sat at her dining room table with a tear stained face. Her laptop was in front of her and she spent the last hour typing Nick Woods into every search engine she could find. Most of the things she was finding must have been a long time ago because he only had tattoos on his arms and he looked much younger, his face softer and less stressed. The only recent things she found of him were pictures the paparazzi had taken of him out and about in Miami, or professional photos of him for a magazine cover. A magazine she obviously never heard of as she didn't know anything about the porn industry and steered clear of it.