Chapter 42

When Molly woke the next morning she saw that Dominick was no longer lying next to her. She hated waking up without him next to her and when she sat up, her eyes connected with his.

"Morning," he smiled over to her.

"Hi..." she replied, running her hand through her hair, "going somewhere?"

Anxiety filled her as she watched Dominick finish packing his suitcase and then zipped it up.

He walked over to her and sat down on the edge of the bed as he slid his hand up her bare arm.

"Yeah, we're going home today. Did you forget?" He leaned forward and lightly kissed her lips before tracing her bottom lip with his thumb. She loved it when he did that, chills ran down her arm, and she was all smiles.

"I did..." she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close to her, "I should probably start packing up too, huh?"

He shook his head, "I already took care of that. You just need to get dressed and we can leave."

She laughed, "you're too good to me."

"I learned from the best," he grinned before leaning forward to steal one more kiss from her.

++

"I'm exhausted," Molly stated as she took her spot next to Dominick on the plane. Then she yawned and closed her eyes.

Dominick draped his arm across her legs as she cuddled up next to him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Get some rest because I have something planned for us when we land." Dominick rasped out as he kissed her forehead and she fell into a sweet slumber.

And when she woke up she saw that the sun was setting and Dominick was still sitting next to her. She peaked out the window but couldn't see much.

"We're there already? I slept the whole time?" She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and stretched as she sat up.

"Yep, the car will be waiting for us." He stood up and grabbed their luggage as the side door opened and they descended their way down the steps.

The air was cool and it made her shiver. It had been weeks since she had been home but didn't remember Florida nights being this chilly. So she wrapped her arms around herself and quickly walked to the awaiting car.

Once she slipped in the back seat, she was glad to see that the driver had the heat turned up.

Dominick slid in next to her and grinned at her before kissing her lightly and shutting the door. "I hope you got enough rest because I'm going to take you some place special."

She smiled, "where are you taking me?"

"Can't tell you..."

She scoffed, "you know I hate surprises! Just tell me!"

He laughed, "babe, I'm not going to tell you."

"Boo." She turned to look out the window as the driver pulled away from the air strip.

As they drove away she was able to see a bit of their surroundings and became confused. This wasn't the Miami airport... this was Seattle.

She whipped her head in his direction and gave him a confused look, "we're back in Washington..."

He grinned and nodded at her, "there's a lot of work that needs to be done here and I figured with the baby on the way and everything else that you'd want to be near your parents. And... well, I kind of like it here."