Ice Rink

June 22

I went to the dentist this morning and got my teeth cleaned. It hurt like hell and it still does. After that we went to Walmart to get dinners for the week.
When we got to checkout, my sister was talking about her youth group trip to the ice rink. Now this is where my head got scrambled. I had been sick lately and my breathing was really bad today. However, I have always wanted to ice skate. I love the cold. The idea of snow and warming up with a big blanket inside just makes me feel at home. Probably because I was born in Illinois in the middle of a storm. My Granny took care of me for the first two weeks of my life and she brought me home in a bundle of blankets that the hospital provided. My mom couldn't come home yet so it was just me and my Granny. Now, our family had risen up from rock bottom. This was rock bottom. We were poor. My family couldn't afford a car or a nice house or even baby food, formula, and clothes for me and my sister. We were utterly poor. We didn't have a car, like I said. So my Granny walked through a snow storm with newborn me wrapped in a bundle of blankets. Everyone has always said that that's why I love the cold and am so sensitive to heat. I feel connected to cold weather and snow and everything. So ice skating? I wasn't turning that down. I told my sister and Richelle I wanted to go. The pastor said I could come. We went ice skating about two hours away from our town, more or less.
The pastor was actually really nice to me. Granted we only talk a few times. It was casual conversation. He taught us how to skate. There were a lot of people at the rink. We didn't talk to any of them though. The pastor gave us some skating tips. As the day went on, I noticed my problem. I wasn't ice skating right. I was trying to roller skate. And I thought back to those fourth and fifth grade memories and realized that when I roller skated then, it was more like I was ice skating. I tried switching them and it worked some. I could only skate for a few moments at a time before I fell and went back to the wall to start over. I fell at least twenty times within the two hours we were there. When I fell, I grabbed the wall and slipped or I fell hard on my left knee and used my right leg to lift me back up. I'm actually really proud of myself. I learned a lot in two hours. I can't wait to go skating again. I loved it so much that I didn't even notice anything until I got home around 5:30 pm. As we walked to our dad's car, my legs burned and there was a small sharp pain in my right ankle, which I tended to twist every five minutes while we were there. When we got home, I changed and checked out my legs and hands. My hands were sore from both grabbing the wall and hitting the ice when I fell. My legs. Damn. On my right leg, I only had two or three small bruises, but there was a sharp pain in my thigh when I walked. On my left leg, my knee had a giant purple bruise and small bruises below my knee, all the way down to my ankle. I tried standing and sitting multiple times. All of them hurt like a bitch. I screamed a few times and my family told me I was fine and I wasn't a pussy. It was also my dishes week so I had to stand to do those. On top of my pains, I had a massive migraine, a stomache ache from Dairy Queen, and a lot of mosquito bites because my dad won't fix my window.
It's about half an hour past midnight now and my knee bruise is now an ugly red color and feels like a huge bump. I also have a bump on the inside of my right hand and on my right foot. My pains weren't as bad now but they still hurt quite a bit. When I finished dishes, I went in my room to sit on my bed and I forgot about my knee. I put my left knee on the bed and lifted my right leg. I almost fell off my bed because a sharp, agonizing pain shit through my leg. " Ow!" I screamed through gritted teeth. I fought the pain and now here we are.

* To be continued*

* Okay guys so if you didn't know, I am a big Voltron Legendary Defender fan and I just finished season 6 and I am bawling my eyes out. I'm gonna be waiting here for season 7.*