Mistletoe boys (Kleinsen)

Evan was absolutely and completely in love with his boyfriend of three years, Jared. He could kinda be an idiot sometimes, but Evan still loved him. He was a cute idiot, either way.

Evan glanced out the window at the falling snow, waiting for Jared to get home from his Christmas shopping. Stupid Jared, always doing his Christmas shopping the night before, like the procrastinator he is. Evan and Jared had gotten together on Christmas Eve, those three years ago, after being forced to kiss under the mistletoe. This Christmas would be their third anniversary, and Evan couldn't wait to see what Jared had gotten him. Evan had made a movie for Jared, containing hundreds of pictures and videos that had been taken of them over the years, set to all of Jared's favorite songs. Jared wasn't usually as much of a romantic as Evan, until it came to anniversaries. Each year, Evan was shocked to see how sweet Jared could be when he wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Evan got excited as soon as he saw Jared's car pulling up in the icy driveway to the house they shared. He checked to make sure the mistletoe was still hanging from the doorway, it was. He raced over to the door,flinging it open before Jared even had a chance to find the right key.

"Hi baby!" Evan hollered at Jared, who was still at the bottom of the steps. Jared dropped his bags on the front porch, making sure to set a smaller one inside, before grasping Evan in a tight hug, kissing him under the mistletoe.

Evan made sure the mistletoe was up every single time Jared came home in the month of December, he had been for the past three years. Jared pretended he didn't notice the pattern and acted shocked each time, just to see the happy smile and hear the proud giggle Evan would let out after kissing him each time. Jared acted like he didn't care, most of the time, but he really did love Evan.

As soon as Jared walked through the door, he shoved all his Christmas shopping bags into their bedroom, warning Evan not to peek. He hadn't bought many gifts, not knowing many people. Just a little something for everyone who was coming over to their house this Christmas. Just Heidi, as Evan's only real parent, and Jared's Mom and dad, and, of course, Evan.

Jared and Evan had just decided to buy one gift, together, for each of the parents, making things easier.

The two boys decided to go to bed early so that they could be awake all day on Christmas, knowing that their parents would probably end up showing up there at about six in the morning.

"Goodnight Jare, I love you." Evan said, rolling over to go to sleep.

"I love you too, Ev."

~

Jared and Evan woke up to the doorbell ringing. Evan slung his arm over Jared's chest, almost putting force into hitting him, a silent signal to tell his boyfriend to get the door. Jared rolled out of their bed and tugged on his favorite Christmas sweater and some jeans, rushing to get the door. He grasped the handle, twisting it and pulling the door in, revealing all three parents. They must have arranged this so that they would all show up at the same time.

"Come in guys!" Jared said, pretending to be nice as he gestured for them to come in.

All three parents walked in, carrying several gift wrapped packages that they proceeded to set down under the tree.

"He'll be out in a minute." Jared assured them, knowing that they were wondering. Right on cue, Evan walked into the living room , wearing the sweater Jared's Mom made him for Christmas last year.

"Hi, love!" Heidi exclaimed, both moms running up to Evan and wrapping him in a tight hug.

"So..." Jared started. "Is it time for presents?"

"Goodness no, boy." His dad said. "You always are anxious to open them."

Jared decided that the faster he made them comfortable, the faster they would want to open presents. He lead them all to the couch and recliner where they could sit down and brought them some eggnog. Evan put on a playlist of their favorite Christmas songs, also ready to open presents.