To work on the Project? (Tree Bros)

Evan was quaking in his seat, the only thing stopping him from thinking their school was under attack from a surprise earthquake was the dull, nonplussed faces of the students around him. See, the teacher had just announced that their final was going to be completed with partners.

Just his luck, he had absolutely no friends in his History class, granted, he had no friends in any of his classes. This was undeniably the worst class to have a partner in, though, because Connor was in this class. The Connor, Connor Murphy. Connor terrified Evan, but he also intrigued him. Okay, Evan might admit that he had just a teensy-weensy crush on Connor (of course, never out loud ).

"So that I don't have to worry about certain people partnering together," the teacher announced, glaring at two specific soccer players. "I will be assigning your partners. When you hear your name called, you and your partner can find a place in the classroom or hallway to work."

"Rose and Calie. Jack and Meg. Parker and Vic. Evan and..."

Evan almost couldn't hear the teacher over the yelling in his head. Anyone but Connor, Evan pleaded to no deity in particular, crossing all of his fingers and toes, please, just not Connor.

"Connor." The teacher finished.

Evan was still deciding whether or not he was happy with this when he heard Connor mumble under his breath. Evan would have liked to say he didn't hear it, but it was indistinguishably "fuck". Evan's heart did a front dive right off of the edge of his soul, dropping lower and lower every second that Connor didn't make a move to get up.

After a solid 45 seconds of just sitting there staring at him, Evan decided to just face it. He was going to have to do it anyways. He made his way over to Connor with the realest fake confidence he could muster, it was a blessing that his mother had had him taking theatre in middle school.

"Um. Hey. Do you wanna work in the hall? I guess?" Connor asked him.

"Oh, um y-yeah, yeah sure." Evan nodded, internally cringing at his stutter.

"Great." The two boys scooped up their bags and made their way into the hallway.

"So." Evan coughed. "What do you wanna do?"

You, Connor thought.

"What did you say?" Evan stammered, shocked at what he thought he just heard come out of Connor's mouth. Connor was just shocked that he had said it out loud.

"I said you decide." Connor replied, internally slapping himself.

"Oh ok. Well I wasn't that great on that whole unit about the Renaissance, or the one about the French Revolution, so I was hoping you're okay with the American revolution?"

"Definitely." They both smiled.

"So.. what format were you thinking?" Evan asked.

"I hope you don't mind, and, God, this sounds so weird, but I've actually been working on this musical about that time period, I was thinking maybe you could help me pick a song and edit it and we could present it to the class." Connor said, knowing perfectly well that Evan loved musical theatre.

"O-M Gosh! That would be amazing! But, I don't know if I could sing in front of the class, I'm not even that good." Evan admitted.

"Then show me." Connor deadpanned.

"W-what?"

"I said show me. Sing for me." Connor persuaded him.

"I don't have anything prepared, I-." Evan started but Connor cut him off.

"Just sing whatever you want. It's okay."

"Okay- um." Evan coughed. He started singing "when you love somebody~ you put your pants on for them. When you love somebody~ you take a chance just for them- chance just for them." He stopped singing, coming back to his senses, just now noticing the clapping coming from Connor's hands.

Evan blushed, pushing his hair behind his ear, even though his hair was hardly long enough to do anything with. Connor laughed.

"You're adorable." Connor complimented.

"Th-thanks." Evan blushed harder.

"So, what do ya say we meet up after school. Five at Starbucks?" The taller boy asked, gathering up his things.

"To work on the project?"

Connor just chuckled, pushing back Evan's hair and kissing him on the top of his forehead.

"If that's what you want. But if you wanted something else... just call me." He slipped the blonde boy a torn off corner of paper, numbers scribbled on it.

A/N: wow I haven't put tree bros in this book yet, I kinda wanted to keep it with the more obscure ships but the cover and the description promised treebros, so here it is!

Well, it's Christmas, so have a wonderful holiday season, loves!💋💋