Say it Again (Kleinsen)

A request for SmolCrazyBean

Evan rolled over on the bed, facing his boyfriend, Jared. The brunette boy was looking at memes, like usual. If Evan has once been annoyed by this he couldn't fathom why, it was probably the most adorable thing he had ever seen.

The way that he would smirk knowingly if he understood a reference. The way his nose would crinkle when he saw something new. The way that he would have to put his phone down and actually laugh if he saw any meme related to the egg. Evan smiled.

"I love you." He whispered.

Jared turned off his phone, staring at Evan. His face an incomprehensible mixture of confusion, sadness, and a few other emotions that Evan had never seen on Jared before.

"I-I, um, Thank you." Jared responded, setting his phone down on the nightstand and rolling over to go to sleep. "Goodnight."

~
When Evan woke up, Jared was gone. Well, he wasn't in the bed. The blonde made his way down the stairs, noticing Jared sitting at the table, reading someone on his phone and eating some cereal.

Evan pulled out a chair next to his Boyf.

"Jared, I think you're beautiful." Evan fawned.

"I think I'm beautiful too." Jared laughed.

~

As soon as Jared went home Evan called Connor. He would've talked to Jared, that's what he usually does, but he couldn't rant about Jared to Jared.

The line stopped ringing.

"Hello?" A crackly voice that may have sounded remotely like Connor responded.

"It's Evan."

"Yes, I am aware, what's wrong?" Connor asked.

"It's Jared. I told him he's beautiful and that I love him and he just said thanks."

"Yeah, well, that's Jared." Connor said.

"What?"

"Well, I mean, if you wanted someone who would talk about their feelings out loud then you'd be out of luck with every single person in our group. He loves you, I can see the way he looks at you, the way he actually listens to your stories, the way he laughs at your terrible jokes. He won't tell you, but it's true." He explained.

~

"Yes, I'd like a large everything pizza, please. Thanks." Evan finished, hanging up the phone.

Jared walked into the room at that exact moment, it almost seemed like this was a really bad fan fiction and the author was too lazy to come up with something better than that.

"Oh my God! Pizza?! You are a legend, Ev. I love you so much!" Jared joked.

Evan turned around immediately, shocked at Jared. It was then that Jared actually realized what he had just said.

The shorter boy could feel the cool air hitting the tears running down his cheeks.

"It's true, Evan. I do. I love you. I love you so much, Evan Hansen."

"Jared." Evans voice cracked, his emotions running out of control.

Jared just wrapped his arms around his blonde babe.

"S-say it again." Evan choked out.

Jared laughed through his tears.

"I love you, babe."

A/N: sorry that this was so short

Have a great day, loves💋💋