Motel room (Sincerely three)

The title might sound like smut but don't worry, it's not lol.

Connor pulled the car into the motel (spn fans wya?), turning the radio up to full blast so he could wake both Evan and Jared up at the same time. Both of the boys groaned, Connor always found the least pleasant ways to wake them up. They should've known that sleeping during this road trip would be a disaster.

Evan has gotten tickets to go see his favorite musical, the Book of Mormon, for his birthday. Thankfully, his mom, with the help of Connor and Jared, has managed to score the two extra tickets for Evan's friends as well.

The three boys checked into their motel room but noticed they had only payed for the room with one queen sized bed. One of the was going to have to make a bed on the floor. There wasn't a pullout couch or anything, it was a motel, after all.

"I'll sleep on the floor, guys." Evan suggested.

"No way." Connor and Jared protested at the same time, to Evan's confusion.

"W-what? Um ok? I guess? I'll just go get changed then, you two can figure it out." Evan said, lugging his backpack into the bathroom.

As soon as they were sure that Evan was out of earshot the two boys started arguing.

"I'm sleeping on the bed with Evan." Connor declared.

"What the hell? No way! Why should it be you? I want the bed with Evan!" Jared shot back.

"Cause I drove all day, duh." Connor said, rolling his eyes.

"That doesn't even make any sense." Jared pointed out.

"You don't make any sense." Connor teased, sticking his tongue out.

"Whatever. I'm still sleeping with him, he likes me better anyway." Jared said.

"Oh ya? Then why does he always hug me when he sees me?" Connor argued.

"He does that to me too" Jared pointed out.

"Well- wait he does? Are you joking?" Connor asked, seeming shocked and confused.

"Yeah?"

"I-I thought he liked me." Connor said, his voice dropping to a whisper.

"Yeah, I thought he liked me too," Jared admitted, "but neither of us are good enough for him so we just have to learn to live with it."

Evan suddenly walked out of the bathroom, his eyes looking sullen and disappointed. Not disappointed in himself like normal, though that was there too, but disappointed in the two teens standing in front of him.

"Guys stop fighting." Evan requested, he wasn't demanding, he could never do that, it was more like he was begging. Connor and Jared immediately shut up.

"H-how much did you hear?" Jared asked cautiously, knowing that no matter how much the blonde boy had heard, it couldn't put Jared in a good light.

"All of it." Evan admitted.

The ground suddenly started seeming very interesting to both Connor and Jared.

"Guys" Evan started "Why? Just- why?"

"What do you mean, why?" Connor questioned.

"Why would you fight over me? Why would guys like you like me? And why would you think I don't like you?" Evan said.

"What?" The two others exclaimed.

"That makes no sense! We obviously were fighting over you cause we like you. And I can't believe you don't see it. It's like those 'one path' guys or whatever they're called cause 'you don't know you're beautiful'! You're actually perfect, Evan. I just can't believe how amazing you are. And we don't mean that we think you hate us. It's just that we know you don't like us the way we like you. And that's totally fine, Ev, because it's your choice." Jared ranted.

"Whoa whoa whoa." Evan stopped him, his eyes switching to a wonderful glint of shock. "First off, you're wrong about me. Second of all, I do like you like that, probably even more."

"Um... I'll just step out for a minute." Connor said, inching towards the door.

"Oh yeah? And what makes you think you're not a part of this? Evan questioned, so tired that his brave streak was starting to show. Connor turned around, confused.

"Well who do you like?" He demanded, not trying to be rude, just getting anxious.

"You... and Jared. Just both, okay?" Evan assured him.

"Wait, what?" Jared asked.

"What?"

"Are you, like, poly?" Connor asked.

"I never really thought about it. I just knew I liked more than one person. I guess so." Evan shrugged.

"Wait." Jared started. "Does that mean you want us all to, like, date? Like all three of us?" Evan blushed.

"Well, I mean, that would be perfect for me but I don't know if you guys like each other." Evan said. Connor looked at Jared and blushed.

"I mean, if Jare's cool with it, I guess that could work." Connor answered, looking embarrassed, "but I don't think he likes me so, whatever, I guess."

"Well. If you like me, then of course I like you back! But if you don't like me then no, of course I don't, why would you even think that?"

"Honey I like you." Connor told him.

"Oh thank God." Jared said, looking like he just let out a huge breath that he had been holding, probably because he did.

The three boys looked at each other, all trying to process what just happened.

"Well I think I solved our bed problem tonight." Evan announced. The three boys fell asleep that night cuddled together on the cigarette burnt, dirty mattress, but to them it was the best sleep they had had in years.

A/N:

Ok so I'm kinda shook up rn argh.

Also this book is at a little past 2.6k!

And I really wanna have internet friends so y'all can add my snap @clogger.rebel (ya sorry it's not a wattpad account and if it is sorry that I tagged you lol) (is it dangerous to put your personal accounts like that on the internet? Oh well🤷‍♀️)

Well anyways I hope y'all have a great day, loves 💋💋