Man up (Kleinsen)

A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was In California and now my Wattpad isn't working. I saw that I got new comments but the app won't let me open them, so if I don't respond to a comment you left I'm so, so sorry. School starts for me in about 4 days I think so I wanted to update before that.

Evan gazed across the lunchroom at Jared, his long time family friend and crush. Jared was sitting with some of the more popular kids, not that it was hard to be more popular than Evan, he was laughing so hard that some of the unrecognizable lunch meat was falling out of his sand which. He glanced over at one of the other loner kids who was sitting at the same table as him, noticing her 'WWJD' wristband. Evan had never been one for religion, but he figured it couldn't hurt just to think about it.

What did Jesus do? He found he was asking himself. When they sentenced him to die? Did he try to run away?

Evan thought about how many times he had dan in the opposite direction just because he saw Jared with the popular kids. Did he just break down and cry? He could also remember the many nights he had fallen asleep crying, knowing no one would ever really love him.

No, Jesus dug down deep
Knowing what he had to do
When faced with his own death, Jesus knew that he had to...

Man up. Evan thought to himself, he had to man up.

If Jesus could climb up on that cross then Evan could at least tell Jared he liked him. Wow, Evan thought, I really am a pussy like they all say. He stood up and, slowly, brought himself to walk over to the table Jared was sitting at.

"Umm, Jared?" Evan whimpered, already regretting his decision. No, he told himself, I need to do it now or I'll never forgive myself. "I need to talk to you, ummm, alone?"

"Was that a question?" Jared mocked. All the kids at his table laughed, making Evan blush even worse than before.

"Please."

"Okay, whatever. I'll be back in a minute." Jared said, standing up. All his friends were staring at him and making kissy sounds, sex motions, or the like. Jared blushed.

"Go get your boy!" The boy next to Jared shouted, causing Jared to immediately slap a hand over the kids mouth.

"I'm sorry about them." Jared apologized as soon as they were out of earshot. Evan didn't respond until they reached a quiet part of the hallway.

"It's fine. Actually, there was something I wanted to ask you."

"Yeah, I needed to talk to you about something too." Jared put in, casually, though he was feeling anything but casual.

"Oh, you can go first." Evan said.

"Oh, no, really. It's fine." Jared told him.

"Oh, Umm, Okay.." Evan trailed on. "I guess that, first, I should ask you if like anyone."

"I do, actually." Jared admitted.

"Oh, really? What's her name?" Evan asked, obviously disappointed.

"Oh. Um. He." Jared stuttered.

"What?" Evan queried.

"He. It's a guy. I'm gay." Jared came out. Evan's eyes widening with hope.

"Wow. Well, I'm bi." He admitted.

"Nice. So, anyways, why did you ask?" Jared questioned.

"Well. Um. I just wanted to know who you like. So, what's his name?"

"Oh, I know. We can play that game where I give you hints and you have to guess who it is." Jared suggested.

"Okay..." Evan sighed.

"Well, his name starts with an E." Jared started, preparing for Evan to know.

"Erik?"

"I can assure you it is most definitely NOT Erik." Jared chuckled.

"Another hint?" Evan asked.

"He's really cute..."

"Ethan?" Evan guessed. Jared laughed.

"And it's ABSOLUTELY NOT Ethan."

"Who is he? Give me a second letter." Evan begged.

"Oh come on. Then you'll know. His names only four letters." Jared said.

"Please~" Evan pleaded.

"Fine. It's a V. E-V and then two more letters."

"What the heck? The only name is Evan. You don't know any other Evan's." Evan figured. Jared started laughing at how clueless his crush is.

"Of course I don't know any other Evan's. It's you."

"W-what?" Evan sputtered.

"You heard me." Jared said, praying that Evan actually didn't hear him.

"But I-I um. I don't know what to say." Evan admitted.

"Then don't say anything. I knew you didn't like me, that's why I didn't want to tell you..."

"No." Was all Evan said. Jared was confused until his crush pulled him in by the back of the head and gently pressed his lips onto the shorter boy's forehead. They made eye contact, both blushing harder than they ever had before. Jared licked his lips and then pressed them onto Evan's, expecting Evan to pull back. He didn't.

They deepened the kiss, forgetting about the rest of the world. That is, until a flash came from a phone camera from a small crowd of Jared's friends.

"I knew you'd get him!" The boy that Jared slapped earlier shouted.

Jared and Evan didn't hesitate, their lips meeting again. Who wouldn't want to be part of the most popular couple in the school? They were the cutest couple, after all.

Thank you guys so much! I just checked and I have 51 followers. Do you guys think I should do a 50 followers celebration? If so, what do you think I should do? Leave suggestions on the comments!

Also, feel free to leave a request! I love doing them for y'all!

Have an amazing day, loves!💋💋

Dear Evan Hansen One- shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें