Have it all (Kleinsen)

Jared pulled out a piece of paper and his favorite pencil, sitting down at his desk.

Dear Evan Hansen, He addressed the letter.

May you have auspiciousness and causes of success. He put the pencil to his temple, thinking. He remembered all the times Evan's anxiety had hindered him.

May you have the confidence to always to your best. He thought of all the times Evan had given him anything he wanted.

May you put no effort in your being generous; sharing what you can, nothing more, nothing less. Then his mind was tortured with the thought of all the times he had seen Evan sobbing, his heart was broken.

May you know the meaning of the word happiness. He remembered how Evan always over-thought everything.

May you always lead from the beating in your chest. Then, for a moment, his bittersweet thoughts turned hilarious, remembering the time they went to a party and Evan somehow got mistaken for the guest of honor.

May you be treated like an esteemed guest. But then his mind turned to how Evan was always stressing about something, never getting a free minute from his anxiety.

May you get to rest, May you catch your breath.

And may the best of your today's be the worst of your tomorrow's. May the road less paved be the road that you follow. He truly wished the best for Evan. Nothing mattered to him, as long as Evan was happy.

He thought about the time he had finally convinced Evan to break up with Connor, knowing it would be better for him in the long run.

Well here's to the hearts that you're gonna break.

He thought of the impact Evan had had on him. He thought that, maybe, Evan was the only reason he was really alive right now.

Here's to the lives that you're gonna change.

He thought of all the different ways he had loved Evan. First they were family friends, then he loved him like a brother, then he loved him for being his best friend. And now...

Here's to the infinite possible ways to love you. I want you to have it-. Here's to the good times that we're gonna have. You don't need money, you've got a free pass.

Then he remembered the time that he and Evan had gotten into a huge fight and they hadn't talked for almost a month. Jared hoped to never be that lonely ever again.

Here's to the fact that I'll be sad without you. I want you to have it all.

He tried to cheer himself up, thinking of the first time Evan saw a slap bracelet. Somehow, Evan had gotten to age twelve having never seen one. He would stop snapping it for hours, mesmerized by it until it broke. He chuckled.

May you be as fascinating as a slap bracelet.

He looked up as something fell off his desk, breaking his trance. His desk was littered with papers, food wrappers, pencils, and basically anything he could find. He laughed at himself.

May you keep the chaos and the clutter of your desk.

May you have unquestionable health and less stress. He wrote, making sure he got the most important stuff down before he forgot.

He let his mind wander to a young, innocent Evan. The way his smile would stretch across his entire face, showing all his braces, his eyes shining with a happiness that Jared hadn't seen in a while every time the teacher would stick a little gold star to his test.

May you get a gold star on your next test.

He remembered all the times he and Evan had done their homework together, guessing on half of the questions.

May your educated guesses always be correct.

He thought of the trophy wall in Evan's room. Evan polished them daily, mostly out of OCD rather than pride.

And may you win prizes, shining like diamonds. May you really own it each moment to the next.

And may the best of your today's be the worst of your tomorrow's. May the road less paved be the road that you follow... Jared finished, gently tossing his pencil down onto the desk. He carefully folded the paper, inserting it into his pocket. He made his way to Evan's house.

It was only five minute walk so he didn't have much time to think about this decision before he raced up the steps and rapped his knuckles on the door.

"Oh hey, Jared, I wasn't expecting you." Evan said, opening the door and gesturing for his boyfriend to come in.

"Hi honey. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Jared apologized.

"Not at all, I was actually debating whether or not I should walk down to your house. I guess it's a good thing I didn't decide to." He joked.

"While I do love spending time with you, I mostly came to see if you would mind listening to this song I wrote?" Jared asked.

"Oh no, I wouldn't mind at all! You know I love music, especially when it comes from the most perfect boy in the world." Evan praised him, both boys blushing but smiling lovingly.

"Ok, here it goes." Jared started, pulling out his ukulele from the case he had strapped to his back, and settling down to play. He strummed the ukulele. "May you have auspiciousness and causes of success, may you have the confidence to always do your best..." Jared sang.

Evan listened, as still as a statue, listening to Jared as if this song was oxygen and he was drowning. He was drowning, but in love. As Jared strummed the last chord he got down on one knee.

"I want you to have it all. I want us to have it all. My dearest, Evan Hansen, Will you marry me?"

The tears that were welling up in Evan's eyes started to pour as he nodded vigorously. Jared dropped his ukulele onto the couch, picking Evan up from his frozen position.

He spun him around the room and pulled his new fiancé in close.

"Now I really do have it all." He said, sealing their lips.

A/N: oof sorry for never updating, I have so much school work. Here's a cheesy chapter to try to make up for it.

Hope y'all have a great day, loves!💋💋