4. Rudely interrupted

Sophia

"Hey guys it's me Sophia! So today I thought I'd do something a bit different. I've never done a vlog style video before, so you'll have to bear with me," I smiled into my newly purchased vlog camera. "So as you can tell from the title of this video I'm playing at a popular venue in downtown LA tonight, well for you it will have probably been last night." 

I had decided to start to do some vlogging

I had decided to start to do some vlogging. I mean if there's anywhere to do it, it would be LA. I've lost count of how many times I've seen people walking the streets talking to cameras so I definitely wouldn't feel out of place like I would in my hometown.

"I'm here with my friend Hattie..." I switched the camera to her as she waved and laughed. "We're just finishing getting ready. It's about 4 o'clock and the event is due to start at seven. So basically what it is, is an open mic night to raise money for Jim's so that they can revamp the place with new equipment as they're starting to host really famous artists recently. Hattie, who did you say started off the hype?" I frowned.

"Harry Styles," She said.

I nodded, "that's right, Harry Styles. So yeah, theres a few famous people going tonight, I think there's Anne-Marie, George Ezra, Um Rita-ora oh and Calum Hood. So should be a good night. There's a few smaller acts there as well, like me," I grinned sheepishly. "Anyway, I'm gonna finish getting ready and I'll see you in a few!" I smiled and stopped the recording.

The past few days had gone super quick. I'd put together three songs. An original and two covers. The covers I had chosen were Remembering Sunday by All Time Low and Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy. All Time Low and Fall Out Boy were two of my favourite bands and I had been a fan of them for as long as I could remember. I had loads of their covers on my channel. It would be a dream if I could meet them some day and show them their covers. Saying that Alex from All Time Low liked a cover of mine that I had shared on twitter of Therapy. That's probably as close to meeting a celebrity or a celebrity knowing I exist I've ever been. But that may change tonight. I don't know how it will work, like will we all be allowed to interact with each other? Who knows. 

"I know you'll be doing photography tonight but you wouldn't mind recording some clips of my set for my vlog would you?" I asked as I finished packing my bag with everything I needed.

"Of course babe! You didn't even need to ask!" She grinned.