8. The official meeting

Calum

Chris had me seated in an arm chair that was slightly to the left and behind him. He wanted them to know I was there but was making sure I wasn't in the way. And you wonder why I feel like a kid sometimes.

I nervously tapped my fingers on the arm rest as we waited for Sophia to arrive. I was nervous, of course I was, I just wouldn't tell anyone else that. If I wasn't supposed to have been performing at the exact same time then I'd have happily stood and watched her perform. Her voice was mesmerising, but this wasn't the case and therefore I hated her. Even if she was one of the most beautiful girls I'd seen. Her whole vibe was kind of edgy and fashionable, and there was a slight bit of grunge in her style that I was definitely vibing with. 

A few minutes had passed when there was a knock at the door. Mine and Chris' eyes met briefly and we stood up, I wiped my palms on my jeans and took a deep breath as Chris called for them to come in. I'm presuming it was her parents who walked in first and she followed behind looking even more nervous than I was, but I could tell she was also excited.

She was wearing a dark grey oversized tshirt that was half tucked into a pair of black skinny jeans. She had on some old skool vans and she had a cute little anklet on her left ankle. Her hair was pulled into two buns on her head and she had a little black back pack over her shoulder. If I was a girl, that outfit was definitely something I'd wear.

"Mr and Mrs Jensen, It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm Chris." He shook both their hands. "This is Calum." I half smiled at them but looked away. This was awkward. I could tell they were judging me hard. But I didn't give a shit anyway. "Please take a seat."

We all did just that and I crossed my leg so that my ankle was resting on my knee and I rested my chin on my hand, I probably looked very bored.

My eyes wandered over to Sophia who was sat in between her parents on the couch, she was right on the edge of her seat. Knees together, hands gripping on to them, making her knuckles a ghostly shade of white. She was focusing on whatever the fuck Chris was rambling on about. Her eyes briefly made contact with mine, like she knew I was looking at her but she quickly diverted them, her cheeks ever so slightly turning a shade of pink. 

Sophia 

I could feel his gaze on me, it made me feel even more on edge than what I was. He looked really good today. I hated him, but he was definitely still very attractive which made it so difficult for me to concentrate. 

"So, the probation will last two months and there will be times where Sophia will need to travel. This could be within the states or over seas. We would be gone no more than five days at a time. She will have a few days off every week but it will be pretty much full on when she's not at home. She will be spending time in the studio a lot, maybe we can pull together a few singles. Maybe a music video to go with, this will be towards the end of the probation if all things go well. And then after probation I would like to sign her to a record label and start getting her out there. Again, like I said, if all goes to plan." Chris explained. He had already explained more of the serious and legal stuff.

This was so surreal, I really hoped my parents would let me go through with it.

"And this is the boy she will be buddying up with? Hasn't made the best first impression." My dad tutted.

"Yes, Calum is part of my most successful groups. He has come on along way. You'll have to excuse his behaviour at the moment. He's not feeling too well." I glanced over and he rolled his eyes.

"Relax honey, he's just a typical teenage boy." My mom laughed.

"That's what I'm worried about." My dad raised a brow and I felt my cheeks heating up.

Chris' tone changed and became more serious, "Whilst under probation I will not allow their to be any romantic relationships, this is strictly business and if either break the rules there will be serious consequences." 

I don't know why I felt so disheartened at his words, it's not like I actually liked him, I would never let love get in the way of my career anyway.

"Don't worry, nothing like that will happen. I can promise you that." Calum spoke for the first time and all eyes went on him. 

"Well that's good to hear." Dad said after a few seconds of awkward silence. 

"So is this a yes then?" Chris asked eagerly. 

I looked between my parents, pleading them with my eyes to show how much I wanted this.

They nodded, "Where do we sign?" Dad chuckled.

I couldn't believe it, this was really happening. My dreams were finally starting to come true. I was over the moon.

AN

HI so hope you liked this part, sorry it's short again. 

Question of the chapter: Have you been watching the world cup?

I've just watched the England V Croatia game and I'm gutted England lost but they've done really well to get to the semi-finals so good on them. Go England!

- Liv x