29. Eighteen

Sophia

"And I wish that I was eighteen - Oh wait I am," I laughed to myself as I mixed a bowl of pancake batter as the song Eighteen from 5sos came on.

It was official, I was eighteen, finally. I mean now I can legally drink in the UK, which is pointless information since I live in the US. But it meant I was now legally an adult, able to make my own decisions without parent consent...hell yeah!

They didn't care about me anyway, well they did but only if I show any interest in college, medicine, anything but music really. I still can't believe they actually gave me permission to do this whole deal. Wait I know, because they knew at the end of it I'd have to leave for college anyway. Typical.

I was currently making myself breakfast, by myself since my family had left me to go on holiday.

Okay I know I know, I could of gone but I'm annoyed at them, I haven't even had a text to say Happy Birthday from any of them. Whatever.

I dished up my pancakes and slid into a stool at the breakfast bar. I grabbed my phone to see a notification from Instagram. I opened the app to see it was Calum who had posted a picture of us, and not just any picture, the one he took off my phone when we were at Disney.

The caption was simply, Happy Birthday Sophia x, and although it was just three words, the smile grew massively on my face. Calum had 5.4 million followers on instagram so a lot of people were going to see this dorky picture of us, but the picture meant a lot, it must have took some courage for him to post. I looked and the last picture he had posted was from a year ago. 

He really posted just for me. 

I quickly posted a comment, Thank u lovely xx

I hadn't actually made any plans for my birthday. I was supposed to be seeing Hattie later on, but I haven't heard from her either and she wasn't responding to my texts.

I decided to go and get dressed anyway. I decided on some light denim, distressed mom jeans with a classic black belt, a white cropped vest and a black leather jacket that was in the style of an oversized denim jacket. I paired this look with my favourite black and white hight top converse.

I had just finished applying my makeup when the buzzer went off signalling someone was at the door of the apartment block.

I wandered to the intercom. 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi sunshine." A familiar voice filled my ears and I smiled. "Grab your bag and come downstairs." Calum said.

"Okay!" I laughed and ran into my bedroom to grab my little red backpack. I quickly checked my appearance one last time and ran out my apartment.

I opened the front door to Calum leaning against his red Ferrari. His hands were tucked into his black trousers and he was wearing a plain black t-shirt. He looked amazing.

His smile grew as he noticed I had appeared. He pushed off the side of his car and walked a few steps until we were stood in front of each other.

"What are you doing here?" I said as he pulled me into a hug. He smelt of some fancy after shave and let me tell you it was a heavenly smell. 

He pulled back but kept me in his arms. "You honestly thought I'd let you spend your birthday alone?" He smirked.

"Well, I was gonna see Hattie but I can't get in touch with her. But I guess I can spend it with you instead." I raised a brow. 

"Come on." He said and opened the car door for me, when I was settled in he closed the door and got in at his side.

I had to admit, this car was a beauty, I felt like a super rich celebrity in it, like I'd just stepped into a movie. Lately, my whole life as felt just like that. That it's all too good to be true. I just some how became very lucky. Maybe LA isn't as bad as I once thought it was.