6. Buddy scheme

Calum

Wow Ash definitely looked like he was about to hit the roof as I strode off the stage. I'm pretty certain he had turned a bright shade of red and steam was coming out of his ears. 

I swung my guitar around me so it was on my back and stood straight in front of him. "This is what you get for making me do something I don't want to do." 

Ashton grabbed my hand and we stormed out of the backstage area into the corner of the green room. "You are an idiot! I should never have trusted you. You've literally just leaked a song off the album. No one leaks their own music! It's like you've betrayed this band!" Ashton practically screamed at me. I don't think I've ever seen him this angry before. Though there was that time when I broke his drum kit out of anger. But this was definitely worse.

"Relax, think of it like a teaser to the album." I shrugged, glimpsing behind Ash to sort my hair out in the mirror.

This must have irritated him as he stepped in front of the mirror to block it. "This is too far, this was all about creating positive press and you have done the exact opposite, interrupting Sophia's performance so you can have all the attention!" He snapped.

I smirked at the mention of Sophia's name, "So you're on first name basis with her now? Don't think I didn't see you flirting with her at the bar." I laughed.

"Are you insane? I bought her a drink to apologise for something you did! I felt sorry for the poor girl! Just like every other person you belittle! Something needs to be done about this! I'll be speaking to Chris as soon as I can." Ashton said.

"There's no need I witnessed it all

"There's no need I witnessed it all." That familiar voice made me cringe. Fantastic, of course he was here. My eyes wandered over to where he had appeared from and right beside him stood that annoying Sophia. She had her hands crossed in front of her, and she was looking down at her feet like she was anxious. What did she want now?

"Chris thank god you're here," Ashton said walking over to them. "Hi Sophia, what's this all about?" Ashton asked and Sophia simply shrugged.

"I've got a proposal and I don't think you're going to like it Calum." 

My ears perked up at the mention of my name. What could possibly be worse than this situation?

***

Sophia 

I was just about ready to leave the venue and put this awful night behind me when I was stopped by a man who was very tall and was wearing a suit. He looked very official and I was confused that he was looking for someone else. That was until he addressed me by my name.

"Are you Sophia Jensen?" He asked. He was a fairly young man, probably mid thirties and his dark blonde hair was swept back and he had a perfectly trimmed beard.

I nodded, "Yes I am." 

"My name is Chris Barton and I'm part of a management company that manages musical groups and artist's and I would love to have you a part of my team." He smiled.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This must be a dream, I really didn't think anyone would find me that good and especially after that showdown with Calum Hood. A smile quickly formed on my face. "Wow, I'm honoured, really. I would have to think about it of course as I don't live in LA, but I will definitely consider it!" I beamed.

 I would have to think about it of course as I don't live in LA, but I will definitely consider it!" I beamed

"Well, I want to trial out...let's say a buddy scheme, where I pair you up with one of my clients so you can learn, develop and gain experience. Kind of like a probation. Is that something you'd be interested in?" He asked.

"Yes it does sound quite exciting a good learning experience." I agreed.

"Perfect, I want you to meet him right now!" He said and beckoned for me to follow him. Wait did he say him? 

We journeyed back stage and could here arguing coming from the green room, I heard Chris sigh and we entered the green room.

"There's no need I witnessed it all." I stepped out from behind Chris to find out who were arguing and to my surprise it was Ashton and Calum. 

I really hope it's not Calum I'm going to buddy up with. I wouldn't mind if it was Ashton that is. I suddenly became very anxious as I knew Calum wouldn't like this idea and I was suddenly wondering it it was too late to make a run for it.

"I've got a proposal and I don't think you're going to like it Calum." Calum's eyes narrowed on to me and I quickly looked away.

"What?" He asked.

"In order to move on from this eventful night, you need to make a grand gesture to show how sorry you are

"In order to move on from this eventful night, you need to make a grand gesture to show how sorry you are." Chris explained.

"But that's just it. I'm not sorry." Calum snapped.

Wow, what was this boy's problem, I don't think I've ever met anyone so egotistical in my life.

"That's besides the point. Anyway, you are going to be taking Sophia here under your wing for the next few months and mentor her into becoming the best musician she can be. You'll be spending most days with her, she'll follow you to meetings, interviews, press conferences everything you do, to show her what it takes to be a musician." 

With every word he said Calum looked angrier and angrier. And as he explained what I would be doing, I soon wished I had said no from the start. I couldn't stand this boy, I couldn't possibly spend everyday with him. 

What have I gotten myself into?

AN

Hi so sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've been busy with work and dance so haven't had the time. This part is shorter than normal as I wanted to get it out asap. SO sorry about that.

Hope you liked, 

- Liv x