17. Unexpected kiss

Sophia

"Sophia, Sophia wait!" Ashton shouted after me as I stormed into the make-shift dressing room.

"What, what could you possibly want Ashton!" I shouted back. 

He turned and shut the door behind him. I started to pace with my hands on my head. God I was so angry.

"I know it was you Ashton. Why did you do it?" I said coming to a stop in front of him.

He looked anxious, his mood had changed instantly from the stage to the dressing room.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He stuttered.

I let out a sly laugh, "cut the bullshit and just fess up!" I snapped.

"Fine!" He raised his voice. "Yeah it was me okay? Yeah I was jealous." He was getting closer to me with each word he spoke and I found myself backing up.

"Jealous of what? I don't get it, I thought we were just friends!" 

"Maybe that's what you thought, but it's not what I thought, Sophia." He said in a less angered tone.

I shook my head in confusion. "I can't handle this right now, too much is going on, I'm sorry." I said sternly and started to move past him, but he grabbed me and within a matter of seconds his lips were on mine.

I didn't quite know how to react. This was the first time the male species had ever put their lips on mine and his wasn't how it was supposed to be. This was wrong. I don't feel this way about Ashton.

I stepped back and looked down at my feet. I couldn't help it but my eyes started to water. I continued to look down at my feet. My bottom lip trembling.

Ashtons finger rested under my chin, "Hey Soph," He said softly and tried to get me to look at him, but I couldn't. I shrugged him off me and ran towards the door, ignoring his calls after me. I yanked the door open and ran down the corridor.

I needed to get some air. I found my way to the back exit of the store and as soon as I was outside in the quiet alley I burst into tears.

I couldn't believe everything that happened. This day was supposed to be a good day but instead everything had gone not to plan. First with the Q&A and now with what's just happened.

I'm still in shock with the fact that Ashton kissed me. My fingers wandered to my trembling lips which made me cry even more. Your first kiss is supposed to be special, it was supposed to be with someone you really liked, you'd kiss and it would probably go really wrong because you've never done it before and then you'd both laugh and try again and it would be perfect.

But no, I guess that's just what happens in the movies. 

I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to do. I felt like the walls of the alley were caving in. Like they were getting closer and closer. My eyes were so blurred from the non stop tears falling from my eyes. I just wanted this to all be over.

Calum

Where had she gone? That must have been an awful experience for Sophia, she had been nervous through the whole thing and I knew she felt uncomfortable as she wasn't used to any of this.

The only place I hadn't looked for her was outside and straight away I knew that's where she was because the door to the back alley was wide open and all I could hear was hysterical crying. Had something else happened? I wouldn't have thought she'd be upset about the Q&A.

I stepped outside and found her pressed against a wall. Her hands were covering her eyes and she was shaking.

"Sophia?" I said softly but she didn't respond.

I slowly moved towards her and placed my arm softly on hers. She flinched and her hands came away from her face and her lost eyes met mine. She looked distraught.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"He kissed me," She spoke but it was barely understandable.

"Who kissed you?" I asked.

I knew the answer already. How dare he. 

"Come here," I said and pulled her into my arms. She was tense at first but then her hands grabbed my shirt and she relaxed as she tried to get her breathing under control. I rubbed her back in circles to help her calm down.

"Do you want to go for a walk, I know a quiet beach not too far from here?" I said and I felt her nodding.

***

We somehow managed to avoid the paparazzi and hop into a cab to take us a mile or so to the beach. They're probably gonna be so angry we disappeared and will probably end up missing the party later but I know what it feels like to have a panic attack and I'm pretty sure Sophia was close to one.

We had been walking along the beach for about ten minutes in complete silence, I was a few inches away from her. The silence felt right though, it wasn't awkward and it wasn't uncomfortable.

The sun was starting to set now and the sea was a mixture of colours ranging from violet to red. It was beautiful.

"It felt so wrong." Sophia suddenly said. I frowned and was about to ask what was wrong but she carried on talking. "He did not have the right to kiss me like that. I don't like him in that way. My first kiss wasn't supposed to be like that." She sighed and we came to a stop.

"I'm gonna kill him for doing that." I said through gritted teeth.

She let out a small laugh, "It's okay. You don't have to do that. But thank you anyway."

"So he confessed to doing it then? Posting the tip to the press?" I asked and she nodded. "Well that I can kill him for since that includes me too."

"Calum?" Sophia asked softly.

"Yeah?"

"Please will you tell me what happened now?"

AN

Hey so look at me with the fairly quick update. Sorry it's not the longest but next part should be good.

QOTC: When are you next seeing 5sos? I'm seeing them a week today!

- Liv x