14. The truth always comes out

Sophia

I couldn't believe what Blaine had just said, he wanted to release this as a single! I mean I'd rather my first single be an original but this was still an amazing opportunity and as much as I hated him it would feature Calum and that would really expand my audience.

"That would be amazing!" I smiled. All the boys came out of the studio and into the room I was in with Blaine, behind the glass.

"I'd have to speak to Chris as this would be released after your probation, in fact let's call him now." He pulled out his phone and placed it on speaker.

"Chris speaking."

"Chris, it's Blaine. Take a listen to this." He said and pressed play on the CD.

The song ended and there was a pause. "Was that Calum and Sophia? That was great!" He said.

"Sounds like they're in love or something." Ashton said. I couldn't help but notice his annoyed and bitter expression. What was his problem?

"You know what Ash, maybe they could be."

I frowned and looked over at Calum, he had the same expression as me.

"What?" Calum said.

"Maybe a fake relationship is exactly what you need. I can picture it now, Calum Hood in love with Sophia Jensen, the girl he stole the performance off. It's a perfect storyline and would definitely create good press." He explained.

I didn't know what I thought about this. Seems like a bad idea if you ask me.

"I'm sorry but wasn't it you that said no relationships. This is a bad idea." Calum said mimicking my exact thoughts.

"Oh I meant everything I said. This will be only when you're in public. No romance behind the scenes. We'll discuss this tomorrow, oh and we'll talk about the track too. See you then." And with that, he hung up.

"He cannot be serious, there's no way I'm doing that." Calum said shaking his head.

I still hadn't said anything. I don't know if this is what I signed up for. Well I definitely didn't sign up for this but I feel like I have no choice. If I don't do this then I bet I'll get dropped and I really can't afford for that to happen.

"Wow I mean I knew Chris had crazy ideas but this is a first. Are you okay Soph?" Ashton asked and I ignored him.

Still not speaking to him after what he did.

I looked as Ash exchanged glances with Michael and Luke.

I sighed in  annoyance and decided to leave the room. I couldn't stand this awkward tension.

I went out the back door of the studio where there were some guys having a cigarette. I smiled slightly and shoved my hands in the pocket of my hoody and the men threw their cigarettes to the ground and returned inside so I was left alone.

I leant against the wall and slid to the floor. I knew I was gonna have to do this and so I needed to prepare for what I was going to have to deal with.

First thing is spending even more time with Calum and after what happened in the studio I just knew it was gonna be weird. The way he touched me, it was so gentle and unlike anything I'd seen him act. His touch made me all fuzzy inside and even thinking about it now, butterflies were forming in my stomach. But I still couldn't stand his egotistical personality.

I thought we were fairly opposite of each other but I'm beginning to think we're more alike. We both are stubborn and hate being told what to do.

I just am not looking forward to having to be all lovey dovey with him. I really hope we wouldn't have to kiss because I've never actually kissed anyone before and I'm pretty certain I'm gonna be a 40 year old virgin.

I was completely lost in my thoughts when I realised someone was stood in front of me. I followed up their legs to see Ashton looking down at me.

I groaned and stood up. "What do you want?"

He frowned, "hey I just came to see if you were okay. But also, what the hell is going on with you lately. I thought we were friends. You have been completely blanking me recently?" He seem angered and completely oblivious. Surely he must realise I know about what he did but his expression showed otherwise.

"I know what you did, so I'll ask you once, leave me alone please." I started to leave but he gently pulled me back.

"What did I do?" He furrowed his brows together.

I shook my head, "that you killed your girlfriend, Calum told me." I said in disgust.

His eyes widened in what looked like shock, and he shook his head in a disapproving manner an annoyed smile formed on his face. "And what you believe him? You really think I'd do that?"

I was gonna argue back but he was right, why should I believe Calum? Why should I believe any of them? Who knows what's the truth and what isn't.

Ash carried on, "That story he told you. It's all true, though I'm not sure which version he told, but it wasn't me Sophia, it was Calum. Why do you think he acts the way he is? Why he's so messed up? We tried to all move past it but he couldn't. It was an accident but he thinks it was all his fault and I really can't believe he twisted it so that you thought I would do that. I'm gonna kill him." He was so angry at this point that I had to stop him from going.

"Hey okay I believe you. It's okay. You don't have to say anything to him, I'll talk to him." I really didn't want to talk to him. I did want to know the full story though. "So what actually happened?" I asked.

"I guess that's a story for when he's ready to tell you. He thinks we all hate him but we don't." Ash sighed.

"Then why haven't you tried to convince him it was an accident and that you don't hate him?" I frowned.

"We've tried everything, maybe you can give it a go." He shrugged and smiled softly.

AN

So the truth is out, not the whole truth just yet though. That will come in a few parts.

question of the chapter: do you ship sophia with ash or calum? who knows, she may end up dating a few people or maybe just one???

liv x