7. Time to tell the folks

Sophia

"Sophia turn that stupid alarm off it's driving me insane!" Miles banged on my door. 

I sighed and rolled to the edge of my bed, turning the alarm off on my phone. I was one hundred percent distracted. Distracted with all the thoughts about what I was going to do. This opportunity was definitely a once in a lifetime moment but for some reason, I wasn't eager to take it. Actually, I know the reason. It's because it's Calum Hood.

To think, a few days ago, I didn't even know who this guy was and now he's the person I hate the most. Now I know I don't really know him that well, and it's too soon to judge. But what I already know is that he is the biggest jerk I have ever met. 

He's arrogant, he literally only cares about himself, and that's evident with what Ashton said. He does what he wants, like interrupting people in the middle of performances. Thinks he's all that, when really he isn't. And just treats everyone like a piece of trash. And this was all I got from interacting with him for not even an hour. That says a lot and so I think I have every right to hate him.

But, there are many reasons as to why I should take this opportunity. I can push all my feelings for him aside and just focus on the experience. We only have to be civil and not best pals. I don't think I could ever be friends with such an egotistical celebrity like that. And that's another point, he's a really famous celebrity and I'm a nobody. Would this whole thing look like I'm just some pity project?

I just didn't know what to do. I was going to speak to my parents about it today. I'm not sure what they would think of it. 

"Are you getting up today?" My mom called from outside the room. 

I ignored her and rolled out of bed going into the bathroom to start my morning routine.

***

With it being a Saturday, the family had decided to go out for the day so we joined forces with my Aunty and Uncle and my cousins and we decided to hit Universal. I'd been many times before and it was another thing on my list of what I actually enjoyed about LA. 

We were currently sat in the Hard Rock Cafe having some late lunch. I loved being around my family, although every one was really noisy, I still appreciated them nonetheless. 

I felt a vibration in my pocket and pulled out my phone to find an unknown number was calling me. I frowned, "Um excuse me, I need to take this." I said as I left the table and ran to the restrooms. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is that Sophia? This is Chris." A male spoke.

"Oh hi Chris, yes this is Sophia."

"I'm calling to see if you have an answer for my proposal?" 

I bit my lip, "I haven't had chance to speak to my parents yet." I felt like this showed I wasn't very professional and that he would no longer be interested.

"Not a problem, I just need an answer by the end of the day, I want to get started on Monday. If you're parents want a chat tomorrow then that's not a problem." He said and hung up, without even giving me a chance to answer.

I stared at myself in the mirror and leant on the sink taking in a few deep breaths. What to do, what to do. 

I guess I should go and see what my family have to say.

"What was that all about?" Miles asked as I took my seat back at the table. Everyone was actually quiet for once and were looking directly at me.

"Um so someone from a management company approached me the other night about working with one of his clients for the next few months to gain some experience in the industry and if I prove myself successful he wants to take me on board and set me up with his record label," I said rather quickly.

"Awesome!" 

"That's so cool!"

"No way!" My family all muttered some form of congratulations.

I nervously glanced over at my parents and they were whispering to each other. My mom turned to me and frowned.

"How do you know it's legit?" 

"Er, so you know the band 5 Seconds of Summer? Well he manages them and the person I would be partnering up with is Calum the bassist of the band." I explained.

"Seems a bit too good to be true to me." My dad pressed his lips together. I knew he wouldn't approve. He literally only cares about science and medicine these days. My mom was definitely more supportive with my music. 

"Well, he says he's happy to meet you guys tomorrow to discuss it. Obviously I would need your consent as I'm still 17. But this really means a lot to me and I'd love if you'd come to the meeting and here what Chris has to say." I said. 

They looked at each other again and I'm pretty sure they were speaking together through their minds as my mom turned and said, "Of course we will."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so excited to go to this meeting tomorrow.

Calum

"So do you mind telling me what this is all about?" I snapped as I barged into Chris' office which was located a few blocks from Hollywood boulevard. 

I noticed he was sat at the large table in the centre of the room with a load of what looked like important people. This was a probably a bad time.

Chris looked incredibly annoyed and quickly excused himself from the meeting. He grabbed my arm and yanked me out the room.

"How dare you barge in there like that? I'm your boss remember and I can end things for you just like that." He said clicking his fingers. Shit, he's really pissed off with me. 

"Sorry, I didn't know you were in a meeting. Not my fault you didn't put a sign on the door or something." I rolled my eyes.

He was gonna argue back but he decided to remain quiet and changed the subject instead. "Look Calum, I'm going to be speaking to Sophia tomorrow to discuss the future plans and you need to be there. Not only will this create positive press for you, but I'm hoping having a bubbly girl like her will bring you back to your roots. Make you normal again, because I can't go on like this for much longer Calum. I am losing the will to live." 

Don't get me wrong, I completely understood what he was saying but I just couldn't bare the fact that he was talking to me like a kid. And I hated to admit it, but I was scared. Sophia was this beautiful and charming girl and I'm worried she'll remind me of certain things from my past and I'm not ready to let that back in yet. I can't. But no matter what I did it looked like there was no way I was getting out of this. 

If I wasn't in the band, I'd be a nobody. I owe my life to these boys.

AN

I feel awful guys, I'm so sorry you've had to wait a bit for this and that it's quite short but I honestly felt like there wasn't much to say in this chapter so it's kind of just a filler.

Sorryyyy

Anyway, question of the chapter? 

How many times have you seen 5sos live? 

I've seen them three times, first was when they opened for One direction on the WWA tour, then on ROYSO and Sounds Live Feels Live and then I've got tickets to the Meet You There tour in November!!

Please leave a vote, I really appreciate it!

-Liv x