21. Life update

Sophia

"So how are things Sophia, I feel like we hardly talk anymore?" Hattie asked as she plopped herself down on my bed.

I shot up right, not expecting this early morning call. "Hattie, what are you doing here? What time is it?" I squinted as I grabbed my phone off the bedside table. It read eight am. I groaned and flopped back down.

"I got us two tickets to go and see All Time Low for their 4th of July Bash." Hattie said.

"Wait what!" I beamed as I sat back up again. I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. "Oh my god you're amazing! How?" I pulled away.

Hattie scrunched her nose up, "Ew Sophia, morning breath much." We both laughed and I jumped out of bed running into the en suite to rinse my mouth out with mouthwash, I'll brush them before I leave. "I got them from Jim's. He gave all his staff two tickets each." She smiled. Performing at Jim's felt like a lifetime ago now.

"So it's on the 4th of July? That's Wednesday right?" Today was Monday.

She nodded. "Yes and we got VIP!!" She beamed.

"Did I ever tell you I went to a party at Jack's house?" I grinned sheepishly.

Her mouth dropped open slightly, "No you didn't! Girl we have so much catching up to do!" She laughed as she threw one of my pillows at me. Man I really missed hanging out with girls. It's literally just been boy, boy, boy for the past month and it's not like I have sisters or anything.

"Definitely, in fact, I discovered a really cool sundae shop on the sea front, how about we go there?" 

"Sure, I'll meet you outside by my car at twelve?" She raised a brow and I nodded. She made a squealing noise and left the room. 

***

After getting ready I decided today would be the best day to film a video for my channel explaining everything to my followers.

I set up my camera on my vanity and turned the lighting on.

"Hi guys it's me Sophia. First of all I just wanted to apologise for my inactivity over the past month. But don't fear, I have a good excuse, and it's one I think you'll be happy to hear." I grinned. 

"So apart from the last few covers which were pre-recorded, the last video was I guess quite controversial to say the least," I laughed slightly. "So for those of you who don't know, I uploaded a video of me singing at a venue called Jim's. Half way through my last song I was interrupted by a member of the band 5 Seconds of Summer, Calum Hood." I sighed deeply. "A lot has happened since that night, and I'm here to explain it to you." 

"Okay, so I know Calum's actions seemed rude and obnoxious, well they didn't seem, they were. But his intentions were never to hurt me. Calum's been through some hard times, and it's not my place to say. So just trust me on this please." I smiled into the camera lens.

"So, what happened after this? Where have I been the past month? After that commotion I was introduced to a man called Chris. He told me he'd love to take me on as a client if I were to follow a probation period. Of course I was eager to learn more, he was the first person to offer me any kind of deal. Next he told me he'd like to pair me up with another one of his clients as a buddy scheme. You know kind of what you used to do in elementary." I laughed.

"Anyway, so I said yes straight away! Then I learned that the pairing was with the guy I had just learn to hate. Calum." I smiled smugly and rolled my eyes playfully. "He said I could think about it and to get back to him. So I went home and weighed up the pros and cons and found that there were way more pros to this than there were cons. I had to take this opportunity and work on my experience. I'd have to push my hatred for this boy aside. I had to be professional."