34. Fresh start

Sophia

I did it. I finally stuck up for myself to my parents. I had been wanting to do that for as long as I could remember. I've always let myself be controlled by them but now, I don't think so.

I stared at the airport entrance as they disappeared out of sight. Bye for two weeks. 

I mean this was all well and good but I just realised I haven't got a key to my apartment, I don't have any money and no way of travelling around. I would of asked Hattie but she's gone to Canada for two weeks like she does at the end of every summer to visit family.

"You've just told your parents to do one, I thought you would be happier than that." Calum elbowed me in the side and I squirmed letting out a laugh.

I nodded, "I am trust me. Thank you so much for coming Calum." I smiled widely.

"But...?" He knew I had something on my mind, he always did. 

I found my hand landing on the necklace Cal had gotten me for my birthday and twiddled it in my hands, something I have started to do a lot recently. "I er, have nowhere to stay." I muttered.

Calum picked up my back pack that was on the floor and threw it over his shoulder, then grabbed the suitcase and pulled the leaver up, he flung his spare arm over my shoulder and turned me away from the airport, towards his car that I had noticed was literally just parked at random, with cars having to go around it to get past.

"You know you've already claimed the right side of the bed yours since you decided to crash uninvited that night." He said as we started walking.

I blushed, "Hey I'm sorry bout that!" I laughed. 

"I'm kidding darling. Anyway, if it's cool with you, you can stay at mine. You don't have to share a bed if you're not ready for it?" He said.

I smirked, "I've done it once, don't see the harm in doing it again," I raised a brow, waiting for a reaction from Calum, he looked at me and mimicked my raised brow and we both burst out laughing. 

We reached his car and he pulled me into a hug. "I'm so glad I got you back. Even if it is for only two weeks. I'm gonna make sure every single second counts." He squeezed me tightly, which I happily returned.

So odd to think that a few months ago Calum and I despised each other, but here we are now. 

I helped Calum pack my stuff into the back of his car and we climbed in, his hand automatically resting on my thigh. He seemed to do this all them time now but I still got butterflies every time he did it.

"So, why'd you come? How did you know what time my flight was?" I asked.

We left the busy airport behind us and hit the freeway. "I came because like I said, I had a promise that I wasn't going to break. And Hattie told me." He smiled.

I laughed, "Of course she did. I don't know what I'd do without her." I said.

Calum nodded, "she's a good friend to you." 

"I think she likes Luke." I grinned.

"That's dangerous territory." He pressed his lips into a thin line.

I frowned, "what do you mean? They seemed to get on well together." 

"Luke and this girl Sierra have had this fling going for the past few months. I'd tell her not to get her hopes up." He said.

I sighed. That sucked, Hattie deserved the world, she's done so much for me. She genuinely seemed to like Luke as well. 

***