25. Let's film a music video

Sophia

I honestly couldn't remember the last time I had to set an alarm for five in the morning. Actually, I probably had to for one of our many trips to LA. And when the alarm went off this morning I felt awful.

I hadn't slept well at all that night. All I kept thinking about was how I would soon be leaving LA to go back to boring Arizona to go study Music Journalism at college. It was like a big slap in the face. I kept forgetting that this summer was going to end and when I remembered it was awful. I was finally starting to get along with Calum. We were recording a music video today, the single would be coming out in a few days and everything seemed to going perfect.

Chris knows that I'll be returning to college but he said he was still willing to sign me. He even said he'd send a music producer to work with me on the weekends to build up some songs for an EP or even an album. Of course I was incredibly grateful for that, but LA was growing on me.

I know I said I hated it, but I'm seeing it in a new light. Suddenly thousands of opportunities keep popping up. LA is the place to be. But I promised my parents a few years ago when I got my guitar that I would go to college. I owed it them. 

I mean it won't be that bad. It's not like I'll be studying for seven plus years to be a doctor. I'm going to be majoring in music, even if it is linked to journalism. 

The biggest reason why I really don't want to go home is because of the boys. That band that I shrugged off as being 'just another boy band'. Man I was so wrong. They were all incredibly talented and were now some of my closest friends. And then there was Calum. The feelings I had for him were like nothing I had ever experienced before. I've had plenty of crushes before, but this was not like that. It was mutual. Well I hoped it was. What he did for me yesterday and some of the things he's said to me and how he trusted me enough to tell me about his past, there must be feelings there.

I really hoped I could find some time to talk to him today. Though I had a feeling it was going to be a very hectic day.

I glanced over at my bedside clock and it read 5:30. Wow had I really spent half an hour lost in all my thoughts? At least I didn't have to go with my hair and makeup done. I had to be there at six. Miles said he would take me which I was surprised about since it meant he had to be up super early but he said he wanted to be up early anyway to get in a workout before he and my family went on their trip.

Every summer that we come here, my family rent out a big RV, and I'm not kidding this thing is huge, it's like a coach but bigger, it's ridiculous, honestly. Anyway we go on a roadtrip along the California coast hitting places like Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, San Jose and San Francisco and then they head back towards Sacramento and into Nevada to go to Las Vegas before heading back home to Phoenix. The trip always varied in length, it depended on how long they stayed at each location.

But they were starting early this year and instead of heading home they were coming back here for my birthday. 

I was gutted I was going to be missing it as it was my favourite holiday ever. But of course I have new priorities this year.

"Hey you nearly ready?" Miles popped his head round the door to my room. When he saw I was still buried unter my sheets and pillows he sighed, "Sophia it's ten to six."

"Shit!" This time I really did get out of bed and when I got out the clock read 5:33. I grabbed a pillow and launched it at Miles. "You're a dick!" I was mad but I laughed anyway. He smiled and shut the door to allow me to get ready.

***

"Hope you have a great trip, I said bye to mom and dad last night but Sammy was asleep when I got in, will you tell him bye and I love him when you see him please." I said as I gathered by stuff from the footwell.