22. The fourth of July bash

Sophia

Going to gigs was always something I held close to my heart. I'd been going to them only since I turned sixteen. Purely because of the fact that my parents would never take me. So when I turned 16 and was able to go unaccompanied by an adult I went to my first concert, yes by myself. It was for a small band from my home town and it was the best night of my life. It was the day I really discovered that this was something I wanted to do. I wanted to be the one up there on stage, performing my art to the world.

I hadn't been to a concert in a while now, since this year had been so busy. So the fact that I was going to one today had me acting like an overly-excited toddler. I had been up since seven, and yes I was ready by eight. So the day had gone by fairly slowly just because I didn't have anything to do and was way too excited for my own good.

I was eager to watch All Time Low from the VIP area as well, that was something I had always wanted to experience and especially for my favourite band. Tonight was going to be one to remember.

I had found something to do to pass the time, I recorded a cover of Jasey Rae by them and uploaded it. It was only now I had realised the boys had recorded a cover of this before after everyone in the comments had told me so. Of course I had to watch it and honestly it was hilarious seeing them so young and pure. They all looked about fifteen. In fact I think Luke was to be honest.

So that took up most of my day, then I just spent a few hours with my family as I waited for Hattie.

She knocked on my apartment door about ten minutes ago and now we were on our way to the gig.

It was all so exclusive, Hattie was given a pass that meant we could park close to the stage doors and we'd be escorted to VIP. Honestly this was going to be amazing.

We pulled up at the security gate and Hattie showed the pass she'd been given. 

"Enjoy the show." The security man smiled and opened the barrier. Hattie and I grinned at each other sheepishly as we entered the lot.

We drove past two trucks and a tour bus. That was all obviously for All Time Low. "Do you think there will be fans who have paid VIP tickets with us?" I asked.

"Nope, that's separate. We're gonna be with the family and friends." She said as she parked the car.

I frowned, "Isn't that a little weird?" 

She shrugged, "Hey don't be complaining."

I held my hands up in surrender and laughed, "I'm not! And anyway, I am friends with Jack." I teased and Hattie laughed. 

"Show off." 

"Come on let's go." I said as I linked arms with Hattie. 

We walked towards the arena which toward over us, the closer we got. It was fairly obvious where we were supposed to go. There was only one door, and it had a member of staff stood out there with a high-vis jacket on.

"Hi, ladies. Can I take your names please?" The woman smiled as she grabbed her pen from her pocket and held it to her clipboard.

"Yes, it's Hattie Carter and my plus one is Sophia Jensen." Hattie said.

"Ah yes, perfect. Would you like to follow me please." The overly-happy woman grinned as she entered a number into the keypad and the door unlocked.

We were led down a pretty basic corridor for what seemed like forever. This place was honestly like a maze. A thought inside of me kept popping up, I could get used to this, this could be you in a few years, better get used to this. Was it bad that I was bigging myself up?