12. He's guilty, I'm innocent

Calum

I couldn't resist. I don't know what made me come tonight. There's just something about her that's drawing me in. She's mysterious and sexy but also annoying and obnoxious. But I just had to see her. The fact that Ashton had invited her, it made me feel something I haven't felt in a very long time.

Jealousy.

I hardly know her but I couldn't stop myself from feeling like this. I want her to be mine but at the same time I'm still scared to let her in especially after the last time I was close to a girl. And not just any girl.

I couldn't do what I did to her to Sophia. Which is why I need to keep my distance. I can't ruin someone else's life again.

Truth is, I hate being bitter and mean to her but it's the only way to stop me from falling for her, she has to hate me.

She's weak and naive in the nicest way possible. She's already starting to fall for Ashton. Maybe I should let her. He'd be much more of a gentleman than I could ever be. He deserves her.

But then it would hurt me because I want her so fucking badly.

I honestly, didn't know what to do. Maybe I could tell her something that would make her stay away from Ashton. Yeah I knew exactly what I could tell her.

I scanned the crowded room for her and when my eyes landed on her I put my can of Coca-Cola down and headed in her direction.

I rounded the corner to see she was talking to Ash.

As I approached they immediately stopped talking and looked at me. I made eye contact with Sophia and she diverted her eyes to the plastic cup in her hand and she bit her lip. Man that was sexy.

"Calum, thought you weren't coming tonight pal?" Ashton muttered. Almost like he was annoyed that I was here. Don't know what his problem is like.

"Changed my mind," I shrugged and looked back at Sophia. I waited until she looked back up at me, "Sophia can I borrow you for a sec?". I wasn't sure how she would respond.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Ashton spoke up.

I turned and glared at him, "Sorry didn't realise you were called Sophia!" I snapped.

"Hey it's okay, that's fine Calum, I'll be back in a bit Ash," She smiled softly at him. Yeah not after what I'm about to tell her.

I guided her towards a quieter part of the house which happened to be outside on one of the balconies.

"So what's up?" She asked and leant against the balcony letting the warm breeze hit her face as she shut her eyes.

"I need to tell you something about Ashton. It's kind of serious. He's not a good guy." I also leant against the balcony.

She stood up straight and turned to me. "That's funny Ash says your not a good guy either and I certainly know who I can trust and like." She shrugged nonchalantly.

I sighed, "it's all an act. You see about two years ago, he did something really bad. You can't trust him."

"What can be so bad that I can't trust him?'" She said with an amused tone to her voice which irritated me slightly.

"He killed someone," My voice cracked slightly.

"What? What do you mean?" Her voice had become more serious.

"Well, it was an accident but it was still his fault. It was his girlfriend. She was heavily under the influence of alcohol and drugs and so was he and they got into an accident. It was him who had persuaded her to go with him. She really didn't want to but he basically forced her, they were only going to a friends house..." I trailed off and looked at her expression. She looked horrified.

Sophia
He had to be joking...surely. Ash would never do something like that. But then again, I've only known them just over a week. There's probably a lot I don't know about these guys.

I just...Ashton is too much of a nice guy I don't even think he could kill a fly let alone a human being.

"That must have been awful for him to go through that," I found myself saying. I don't know what I should say really.

"No don't you see Sophia!" Calum grabbed my shoulders and stared me straight in the eyes, I couldn't part. "The only way he got away with it was because she was driving so the judges declared Ashton as innocent. Obviously he got charged for illegal drug use but it was him who bought the drugs and alcohol and him that made her drive."

I took a while to digest what he had said. If anything this sounds like something that Calum would do but then I would be being hypocritical because like I said, I hardly know these boys so how could I really trust any of them.

Maybe I should just remain professional and not build up any friendships with the boys. That way I'm still gaining the experience and won't have to drop out of it.

For the next few days I'm going to not hang out with the boys unless it's absolutely necessary.

An

hey again it's short but I'm eager to update as the wifi in this hotel is shocking. I haven't had chance to edit yet as I wrote this sat at the water park lmao.

But next part should be up in a few days time.

QOTC : What was the last song you listened to?

Mine was Say Amen (Saturday Night) by Panic!

Liv x