16. Is that a hickey?

Sophia

Today was the day. The album was finally dropping and there was a big event happening in one of the clubs in LA this evening. But for the day we were going to one of the big music stores in the centre of LA to do an acoustic set, a q&a and an album signing. It was going to be a very hectic day.

Of course I was just watching from the sidelines. The album has nothing to do with me, this is just part of the job, gaining the experience and finding out what life as a musician looks like. 

I was excited, truly I was. But I was nervous too. I felt like I had started a war between Calum and Ashton and I knew how close they used to be and yeah they aren't that close nowadays but I just feel like I've made it ten times worse. I also hate that I'm constantly being tossed between the two boys. Who do I side with? One minute one of them is telling me something that makes me distrust the other and vice versa. I'm getting frustrated now. I thought this would all be easy. I guess not.

I was sat in hair and makeup currently and Luke was next to me, it was both our turns to get our glam on. Wow did I just say that?

Maya, the girl styling me had asked if I wanted anything special doing to my hair and I had told her to make it a surprise so she was currently curling it. I looked in the mirror at Luke. He was sat having his hair blow dried and he was scrolling through something on his phone.

"Luke, can I ask you something? Please don't take this the wrong way?" I asked hesitantly.

I wanted to bring up the topic of someone leaking something to the press about Calum and I, but I didn't want to come across as rude. I also deep down didn't want it to be Ashton but I wanted to know if Luke knew anything about it?

"Sure thing doll." He winked.

I laughed at his sarcasm, "So, I'm sure you've seen the media about me and Calum and I was wondering-"

"If I knew who leaked it?" He finished off my sentence and I nodded uneasily. "Sorry Sophia, it's not my place to say anything."

"So you know who it was?" I frowned.

"I promised I wouldn't say, bro code." 

I sighed, "how about I say who I think it is then you can blink once if it's wrong then twice if it's right. Then you technically wouldn't be telling me." I suggested.

He rolled his eyes playfully. "I guess."

"Was it Ashton?" I bit my lip and watched as he blinked once, there was a slight pause and I was relieved for a moment until he blinked again and I threw my head back in frustration.

"Ouch!" I yelped as the hot curling iron made contact with the side of my neck. 

"Sophia I am so sorry! Let me go get some ice!" Maya said quickly setting the hot lethal weapon down.

"It's fine, it was my fault." I studied the new red mark that rested on my neck. It was only faint. Thank god. Hopefully it will be gone in a few hours. Maya handed me and ice pack and I placed it to my neck and she carried on curling my hair.

***

Half an hour later my hair was curled and styled into a half up, half down style. My makeup was simple but bold it looked amazing with the black eyeliner and red lip, I think I may have found my signature look.

I had chosen to wear a black denim jumpsuit with a red mesh top underneath and some red patent leather heeled boots. I also added some small silver hooped earrings. 

I quickly snapped a picture in the dressing room mirrors and Luke was posing next to me in some stupid pose and it was hilarious. I'll post this when people know about my contract with the boys.