26. From one gal to another

AN: I just realised I forgot to link the trailer in the last part. So here you go:

Sophia

@Calum5SOS: Y'all need to check out my gal @SophiaJensen's new single. It's lit.

I beamed as the notification appeared on my screen. The single went live at midnight last night and it was currently 10 in the morning. Already it had a huge success of downloads on iTunes and a large amount of streams on Spotify. I was overwhelmed at how happy people were and how much they liked it. 

I sighed at the words 'my gal', to all the fans, that will mean 'girlfriend', but I know that's not what it really means. It's just for show.

The music video was currently on trending on YouTube with 450,000 views since midnight, again, madness. I was so happy with how it had come together. It was such a beautiful video and I couldn't stop watching it. Because come on, wouldn't you if you got to make a music video with the boy you liked (especially if that boy is Calum Thomas Hood). 

The crush I had on Calum was a weird one. Obviously, I'm just a normal girl, I'm not a celebrity, yeah I have a following but I'm still me. I haven't grown up followed by paparazzi or doing interviews and stuff. And Calum, well he has. He's this icon that so many people look up to, like even I do.

So my crush is a mixture of the fact that I've develop feelings for him over time and from being around him and another part of it which I hate to admit, is because he is Calum Hood. I don't want that side too over power my true feelings for him though. Like, I wonder how many people think I'm only with him for his fame, money and success. That's not the case.

I liked Calum because he was this big mystery when I first met him. I liked him because he trusted me and opened up to me about his past. I liked him because under his celebrity act, he is kind, caring and thoughtful. I liked him because he was adorable when he knew I wasn't watching him. I liked him because he was attractive and not normally my type he was unique in his own way. 

So as you can tell, I liked him for many more reasons than what the people want to believe, but I shouldn't care what they think anyway.

"Sophia, they're ready for you," Someone said interrupting me from my thoughts. 

I locked my phone, shoving it into my bag and stood up. Today I was being interviewed on a radio show that was popular for its chart shows and hosting the big celebs. I'd only scored this gig because I was associated with the boys and for that I was grateful. Working with them has really given me opportunities I'd never have gotten if I had never accepted the offer. 

"Right this way please," The assistant said as I followed her down a corridor to a room that had "On Air," above it.

We walked in to the studio where a woman was sat at a desk with about a thousand different buttons in front of her, three screens, a microphone and she was wearing headphones. That must be the host Sasha Michaels.

"Hi Sophia! I'm Sasha, it's so nice to meet you!" She said as she stood up, her dark skin radiated as she approached me, her long afro bouncing as she walked. She was stunning.

I took her talking as a sign that a song must be playing so we were free to talk, "Hi, you too Sasha, thanks for having me!" I smiled. She gestured for me to sit at the chair opposite her and I did as she took her seat again. 

"Okay, I', going to save the talking for the show! The song is almost over, okay? Don't worry everything will be fine, just one rule, don't swear and you'll be all good," She laughed as she placed the headphones on.