Meeting Sodapop for the first time

You were nervous, your heart was hammering away in your chest as you went to wait on the table he was sitting at with his two brothers. Before he dropped out, you had seen him around school, always hanging around with his greaser buddies, he had never noticed you before.

"Hi." You said softly, the moment you reached their table with a notepad and pen in your hands. "What can I get for ya'll?"

Your hand was shaking so much that you dropped your pen on the floor, right at Sodapop's feet, your cheeks stained red.

"Oh, hang on, let me get that for you." Sodapop said politely, only just pulling himself out of a conversation he was having with his eldest brother, who was currently staring at you curiously.

You shied away from his gaze, your eyes, instead, looking at the pale white tiled floor.

"Ma'am, your pen." He extended his hand, and moved his head to the side in order to try and get a better look at you.

You looked up and your eyes met his... God, he was even more beautiful this close up.

"Thank you." You said softly, you expected him to turn away immediately, he didn't, instead, he stared into your eyes with a look you couldn't quite figure out.

"Are you new around here?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you shook your head 'no'. "That's strange, I'm sure I wouldn't forget the face of someone as beautiful as you are."

You could see Sodapop's eldest brother watching on in amusement.

"Well, thank you..." You trailed off softly. "Can I get you anything to start? Drinks?"

"How about your number?" His grin was cheeky and hopeful as he raised a questioning eyebrow.