Pretty as a Doll

Prompt: your the Curtis' brother's sister falling in between Ponyboy and Sodapop. You never dress up and always stick to flannels, jeans, and converse. Then one day you dress up in something girly, how will the gang react?

————————————————

You looked at your reflection in the mirror for the millionth time, sighing as you smoothed out your new, light yellow skirt. Mouth forming into a thin line as you eyed the white blouse that clung to your chest.

Your best friend had set you up on a date with a boy you barely even knew. When you reluctantly agreed she dragged you to a fancy boutique on the south side of town and bought you an entire outfit. Sure she meant well, and you appreciated it but you couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable.

Never in your life have you thought you would be caught in a skirt and blouse. You never really liked girly or skimpy clothes but she had insisted you wear something feminine for once.

You were nervous about the date, but petrified of how your brothers would react. You neglected to tell them about the date, knowing they would freak out and most likely ruin it for you. But you knew when you walked out of your room all hell was going to break loose when they see you in a skirt.

As you slipped some socks onto your feat you scoffed as your gaze landed on the new saddle shoes your friend had bought you.

"No thanks." You mumbled under your breath.

You walked past your brand new shoes and smiled at your beat up converse that layed strewn out on the side of your bed. You slipped them on and tied them tightly, feeling pretty content as they perfectly molded to your feet.

You sat on your bed for a moment, glancing at your alarm clock. He was supposed to be there in ten minutes to pick you up. You decided that it was now or never, you got up and walked towards your door. You inhaled deeply, closing your eyes and silently praying to yourself.

You swung the door open and put on the most normal face you could muster. With your head held high you confidently strolled down the hallway and towards all of the rowdy boys that occupied the living room.

Ponyboy was reading a book on the couch with Two-Bit sat beside him, sipping on a beer and watching TV. Steve and Soda were wrestling on the floor while Darry, Johnny, and Dally were no where in sight.

"Hey, guys." You said, casually leaning against the wall.

"He–" Ponyboy stopped once his gaze landed on you.

His eyes widened as he scanned your wardrobe, raising his eyebrows.

"Um... What– er... What are ya wearin'?" He asked skeptically.

Once those words left his mouth it seems as though the other boys in the room actually took notice of your presence. Two-Bit began to choke on his alcholic beverage like a maniac. Soda stood laying on the floor dumbfounded while Steve was on top of him, looking at you with his jaw dropped.

You rolled your eyes at their reactions, looking down and playing with the hem of your skirt.

"I know I look lousy... Ya don't have to rub it in." You grumbled.

Your head snapped up when Two-Bit began to wolf whistle at you. A deep blush painted your cheeks as Steve began to join in while your two brothers looked at them in disgust.

"Howdy! Get you kid!" Two-Bit exclaimed as he examined you. "Don't you look pretty!"

You smiled at the ground, "Awe, shucks–"