16- Sleepover. M*😈

Throughout the night Zak had moved, releasing me from the overwhelming heat of his chest, but still remaining close enough to touch.

I wasn't sure what the time was when I finally gave up on the idea of sleep, in favour of laying beside him, watching him sleep. Not in a completely creepy, I'll eat your babies kind of way. But in an appreciative way.

He was completely dead to the world, his upper lashes resting on his lower set, his chest rising and falling evenly. His hair had been washed, removing all traces of the gel he had used, leaving it flat and a little fluffy, something I was finding adorably cute and wanted nothing more than to thread my fingers through it.

As my eyes rolled off his sleeping face, they moved down to his chest, to his stomach and then back up to follow down his arm, eyeing the thick bicep muscle and the long Dracula tattoo down his arm with the number 11.

I found myself smiling as I reached out and touched the inside of his forearm. My fingertip tracing over the words and down over the veins in his wrist. Right now, he was completely vulnerable, wide open for any attack that may happen.

Of course there was none. I would never wish him harm.

His fingers twitched and his arm shifted before he rolled it over and reached for me. I laid my hand on his, causing a deep sigh to leave his lips and as simple as that, he falls into a deeper sleep.

The longer I looked at him, the more questions I had...

I had held out on him being a terrible snorer - He didn't even make a noise, in fact I had lifted my head up a few times to make sure he was still breathing. Whilst making a note to ask him if he had sleep apnoea.. Just in case.

I held out on him being a bed hogger- Nope.

A kicker- Nope. Just a cuddlier...

So now I was lost, he wasn't any of those, he was undeniably attractive and was financially stable. So why wasn't he settled?

Maybe it's his choice?

Maybe he chose his career? Or he didn't have time? Or he hadn't found the right one?

Maybe I was being too much of a judgemental bitch when I thought there was something wrong with him? When clearly he's perfect..

••••••••

Humming along to the small radio stationed on the window sill, I look down at the booklets.

Paint swatches lined the floor as I tried to find a colour and find accessories to go with it. I was no interior designer and it was safe to say that I was struggling to find the perfect tones for the room.

What I needed, or more of who I needed was Cody. I needed his opinion on it because this was as much to do with him, as it was for me.

I was a dab hand at painting and I had settled on the colour grey.. But what shade?

Not 50 shades that's what! Although that kind of activity will one day be the outcome that fills this room.

Using Pinterest like it was my own binge box, I found cute rooms and beamed at certain ideas and frowned at others. However each room appeared grey, being gender neutral.