50 - It's time.. Right?

If anyone was to ask me how I feel after reading the letter from Cody, I would have to say.... Indifferent, maybe even conflicted. Whilst I was proud of how far he had come whilst away (because I don't like to think of him in a hospital), I was concerned that maybe a large move to North Dakota and to a place we once spent time together, would evidently trap him in a time loop of the past and set him back.

However I was not a doctor, nor a nurse and therefore I could not say that his decision was a good decision. I just had to trust him.

The bedroom door creaked open making me wipe the tears that had escaped during the reading, setting a smile on my face, I looked up to see Zak leaning against the door frame. "I've come baring tissues..." He speaks pulling a pack from his pocket.

I smile gratefully and pat the side of the bed, he slips in and passes me the small handy pack before grabbing my foot in his hands and rubbing the soles of my feet. The time of this pregnancy had flown, with days and weeks slipping by, I was now at a whooping 8 and a half months. My belly was larger than I ever expected, my ankles were swollen and I slept more than ever. (Better now, because when this little bundle arrives, I won't be getting any sleep.)

"That's wonderful." I sigh at the sensation he's making my feet explode with.

"I'm making lunch as we speak, Gracie is walked and I've told mom that I'm taking the day off." He notifies me with a small smile.

"You didn't have to cry off work, I won't do anything. I promise."

"Says the woman who is almost ready to give birth. The same woman I found climbing a ladder and cleaning the windows." He gives me a cocked brow.

"You're never going to let that go, are you?" I question, still slightly embarrassed for being so reckless. But what else is a girl suppose to do when the windows were dirty from some flying rat. I didn't want to stare at the bird poo, and it was also interrupting my view of the small tree Zak had near the window where a small hummingbird frequently visited.

"Not at the moment. I'm still waiting for the traffic tickets." He murmured, after checking the cameras and finding me window cleaning, someone crossed Vegas and a blaze of fury and has probably jumped 15 red lights and speed cameras whilst on his way here.

"You're lucky you weren't in an accident."

"Back at you." He threw back.

"Touché."

His eyes move to the letter on my lap before looking back at me with a gentle smile "I promised I would take care of you.. But it now includes both of you."

"I know." I reply looking at the handsome God, rubbing my feet.

"Was it good?" He queries.

I shrug "I don't know how he got our address, with your address being privatised and a private community.."

"That is an easy answer. I gave it to the hospital."

I blink.

"He needed an emergency contact and whilst you were on the list, alongside me, I made sure I was first port of call. I also gave my address, because at the time, he was desperate and I filled out whatever I needed to, to help him."

My heart warms and I reach out wanting to hold his hand, releasing my foot, he takes my hand in both of his. "Thank you." I whisper.

"You're welcome.. How is he though, really?"

I then take note of how Zak is actually concerned for Cody, and I only presume that is because he was there to witness Cody's cry for help that night. Whereas I stuck my head in the sand and believed I could help him.. Somehow.