31- Showdown.

Leah POV.

My mind barely had a second to comprehend the banging on my front door at such an ungodly hour, before Cody was up off the ground and running out the bedroom.

Flapping in the sheets, I fell out the bed and rushed out the bedroom after him.

"C-Cody! Cody!" I shouted after him worried at how quick he was to go into action. He wasn't on tour now, I didn't need him going into full combat mode.

Stumbling into the lounge, I found the front door wide open and Cody on the lawn with Zak, they were nose to nose, their chests touching and their fists clenched at their sides ready for the other to throw first.

For the first time, in a long time I was scared. My blood felt cold as I looked between the pair, neither set on backing down.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Cody growled.

"Zak?" I questioned seeing his fists clenched so hard at his sides that his knuckles were white. His eyes struggled but they flipped off  Cody and landed on me, instantly softening. "Lea—"

"Go back in Lamb." Cody ordered, sensing my foot touch the cool concrete of my doorstep. His outburst made Zak's eyes move back to him.

"I wouldn't hurt her!" Zak replied appalled at the idea.

"You already have and just where the fuck do you get off to?! Using our baby to score points?!" Cody snapped. "You sick fuck!"

"Enough.." I spoke hoping to calm the situation down before it escalated. The last thing I needed was them fighting, the last thing I wanted, was them fighting. I couldn't bare the idea of either of them being hurt. But what I feared most of all was Zak being harmed, and he would... Cody was ex Army. He was born and trained to fight and to kill, it was in his blood. I wasn't some helpless damsel, I didn't need a man defending my corner. I certainly didn't need men fighting over me!

"And you coming back hasn't! Not only have you came crawling back! You're married and raising some other dudes kid?!"

Ah shit.

"You don't know anything about me and Leah, man! Leah understands!"

I did... Kinda. Didn't I?

Ignoring Cody's command, I stepped out and went across the garden, hoping my presence would calm them both down enough to defuse whatever bomb was about to explode between them.

Zak's eyes land on me, his body turns from Cody's, his fists unclench, his shoulders sag and eyes look at me pleadingly as he steps towards me, he doesn't want to fight. He just wants to talk.. "Leah, please. I'm sor-

"Back in!" Cody demands more harshly making me frown. He was taking this whole situation a little more hostile than what it needed to be.

"No. I want you both to stop this! Right now!"

A shove happens between the pair, I don't see who did it first or even why, that bit of information is useless and childish. But the consequence of it leads both men to go head to head again, muttering insults and abuse at each other.

"No, no, no!" I shout placing a hand on each shoulder trying to part them.

Cody's hand grabs my arm, hard and wrenches me behind him, almost popping my arm out of socket as he does so, it's quick, forceful and effective in moving me away from Zak. "I said go in!"