47 - The Dad's Club

There are many things I expected to do when I returned to Zak's home, for example;

- Remove every Lemon scented contraption out of his home, because our little Daiquiri didn't like the smell.

- Take a warm bath

- Bundle myself up in Zak's arms and forget that the last two weeks even existed and just revel in being close to him, inhaling him, loving him.

- Play with Gracie and take her to the dog park

- Buy her a doggy ice cream as a form of an apology.

But all those things and more were shattered. As soon as we pulled onto his drive.

"Why can't you see what is staring you in the face?!" The voice bellowed making me wince as I shifted in kitchen, pulling at the band on my wrist as I stared at the door.

"Fall in line or get the fuck out of my house!" Zak yelled back.

My heart sank and I waited. Waited for a door to slam, waiting for a fleshy thump or some grunts which often emitted in the air during a fight.

But nothing came.

Cautiously, I moved to the door, desperate to find out what was going on. I knew whatever was happening wouldn't be good. It didn't sound like it had even ended well vocally, so I held no hopes for anything, physically.

Opening the kitchen door, I looked around the lounge for any broken Vases, any bloody spots or signs of a struggle, but all I could see was two men, chests heaving and angry glares being met to each other.

"P-Please... Please stop fighting." I spoke quietly, hoping my quieter voice would bring them both down a few notches.

Bacon shifted on his feet throwing a glare between myself and Zak, his eyes flicking to my stomach and back again. He looked at Zak and in a split second I saw regret. My browns pulled slightly and that's when I took an usual step.

"Zak.."

His head moved to my voice, glancing at me.

"Leave us.." I spoke keeping my eyes fixed on Bacon.

"No fucking way. I've just got you back." He spat.

I watched Bacon tense up and Zak's fists curled almost popping a knuckle as he did. Feeling the tension growing, I shook my head. "I'm not going anywhere, but I will leave this house to speak to Bacon, if I have to.."

Zak's eyes hardened. "Fine..... I'll be in the garden."

He moved past me and stopped in front of Bacon. "She's carrying my child. Do. Not. Cause her any stress.... I mean it."

Whilst my heart bloomed at his protectiveness, I also winced slightly knowing that it caused a wedge between them again. Zak glanced back at me before slipping out the door and into the garden with Gracie, who had been bouncing around at the door, watching the scene unravel.

I moved across the lounge and decided to take a seat, trying to remember how I defused Cody when he used to get angry beyond words. Bacon noticed my movements and perched himself on the edge of the couch, ready to leap to his feet in rage if he needed to.

"Talk to me.." I said quietly observing the man opposite. His blonde beard moved as he shifted nervously in his seat. "Tell me something?"

"I don't like you." He answered instantly.

Instead of taking offence to his bluntness, I smiled. I did ask for something after all.

"Why don't you like me? Is it personal? Or is it because I'm with Zak?" I questioned.