35- We are Fire. (M)

Leah POV.

The door closes behind me, making me jump slightly at the sound, which breaks the silence in the house. With my arms wrapped around my body for comfort, I turn and observe Zak as he drops his keys into a bowl by the door.

He glances at me, giving me a gentle smile "Let me just put this in here.." He progresses towards the bedroom before pausing "U-unless you want the guest room? I shouldn't presu–"

"In there is fine." I whisper making him pause and smile. 

No sooner has he gone, does he appear again, this time he has lost his shoes. "Make yourself at home, okay? My home is yours."

I nod weakly and look around the marble based entrance, realising this is so far away from my home. It's only now, that I've realised how different my life is from Zak's and it makes me wonder if I could ever be apart of this.

Try to be happy. He wanted you to move on..

I instantaneously rush after Zak seeing him walking down the hall to let Gracie out. After all the chaos, I had totally disregarded his faithful companion and now wanted nothing more than to spend the time in her company, with silence and solitude.

Which is how I spend the remainder of morning and beginning of my afternoon. With one Collie and her favourite dog toy.

.....

"Hey." Zak speaks pulling me out of my mind as I sit beside the pool looking at the aqua lights. I had no idea what time it was, but it must be almost night from the sunset across the desert.

"Hi." I reply.

"I'm gonna take Gracie out. You coming or...?"

I give him a small smile seeing the struggle he's having. It shouldn't be like this between us. We were fire, not some almost extinguished camp fire.

"No, you go on ahead, I'm going to take a hot bath." I reply rising up with his help.

A real smile breaks across his face "Yeah? Well okay. I won't be long. I might even run it, just so I can come and wash your back."

A giggle slips out my mouth. The sound is almost foreign but it warms my heart and makes things feel right. "You'll do no such thing. You have asthma, remember?"

"I get slight amnesia when you mention taking a bath, you, bubbles, naked... I... What was I doing again?" He asks making me laugh at him again.

He joins my laugh before swooping in and stealing a kiss which makes a surge of energy shoot through me. "It's so good to hear you laugh. I won't be long."

I bit my lip and nod against his forehead. "Okay."

"I will expect you ready, with a soapy bath puff."

"You own a bath puff?" I ask surprised making him chuckle.

"I'm full of surprises. Be back soon." He secures another kiss before leaving my side.

Hearing the door click as I head in, I make my way to his bedroom and slip inside the ensuite. My eyes roaming over the marble floor, counter and wall tiles. Seeing a stack of fresh white towels, I crossed the bathroom and felt them, feeling the fluffiness of them under my fingertips before I began to run a bath.