22- Leave the Light on.

Zak POV

The light of the Luxor shot high into nights sky, reminding me how far away from strip my house was situated. How far away I was away from Leah..

She could be anywhere, with anyone...

Was she alone? Or was she with someone, with him?

Was she still talking to him, or was she now asleep, tucked up safely in bed? Did he leave? Or was he led beside her, admiring her beauty?

"Let's go to the club. Find you another chick." Bacon suggests behind me.

I cock my head to the side, just catching him out the corner of my eye "I don't want another woman."

He laughs "Hopping sides now? Come on bro. Don't be a negative Nancy about it. Let's just go find you another hooker."

"She's not a hooker. She was never a hooker." I defend.

"Sure, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Silence fell between us again. But I could tell he was dying to say more. Bacon hadn't made it a secret that he disapproved of Leah, from the off...

"I'm just saying, there are plenty of women out there, you only gotta look at your tinder for that. You can drive anywhere and get offered sex. There's places you can go, dude you know this, so why are you still hung up over one chick?" He asks.

I was asking myself the same question. What made her different? What brought me to her? Why was I like a moth to the flame? Flapping around her erratically, knowing full well that I was going to get burnt?

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"You just gotta get back out there. I can be your wingman, we can find some hot chick with big boobs and a tight waist. Your looks, my beard, fuck were a team. Come on bro. What do you say?"

"I'm not going out." I reply making him sigh.

"Seriously, you're pining after her? You think she cares about you?"

"I know she does."

"Then where is she? Huh? She's probably had a better offer. $10k wasn't enough."

"Shut up." I sigh feeling the headache behind my eyes building.

He laughs "Damn. She really has you in knots.. Her cock sucking can't be that remarkable."

My restraint snaps.

In blind rage, I spin and grab Bacon, slamming him back into the wall of my house. Anger burning my flesh as I glare at him.

"Hey! Woah! Woah! Woah!" Billy calls, ditching his phone as he exits my lounge to grab my hands which were bunched up on Bacons shirt "Zak! Come on man!"

"Don't you ever! Ever talk shit about her!" I shout down at him.

"Zak!" Billy snaps as my eyes burn into Bacon's face.

"Look at you man! She's fucking with your head and you can't even see it!" Bacon argues back.

"You don't understand!"