40- Daisy Chains.

Leah POV.

I ran my forefinger over my lips, still feeling the hot smouldering kiss Zak had given me this morning, just before he headed for a shower. His lips possessed mine, searing warmth deep into my soul as he took my breath away. It was mixed with love, wholeness and attention but also full of need, worry and concern...

Even now, the thought of him sent a warm flush through my body and the thought of him washing himself, turned the warm into a blisteringly hot flush.

My mind travelled to last night, the moments we shared together in bed, the agonisingly slow punishment he put me through for worrying him. The heated look in his eyes and the way his teeth ground together trying to stop his own release, showing the control he had over himself as well as me in those moments. My fingers could still feel his thick muscles contract and relax, the motion of his body rocking into mine and even the way his jaw trembled when he finally gave in and let himself join me in the utter abyss I've started to call love.

I had woke early this morning with an impending fear that he was going to leave me. It grew so strongly that I resorted to maintain a level of quiet whilst he went about his day. Not wanting him to find a fault in me, just in case...

I knew now that it was ridiculous. But after that vision, after the pool and the fear. Nothing seemed too ridiculous.

Trying to decipher what that vision meant was something else. Was it my subconscious trying to tell me something? Was it me wanting something so bad that I hadn't realised it? Was the fighting spirit of the mother so strong within my soul that she was now clawing at the protective walls I had placed up?

Or was my body telling me that things inside were very much on the change?

The daisy was now becoming something of a message from God. Motherhood - Was that the mother spirit within me clinging on? Hoping? Praying?

Childbirth - Was my soul trying to tell my mind that I was stronger now, more able and in a safe environment, with a man that I love, that I should try again? That I should open myself up and take control of the situation?

New beginnings - Or was my body simply telling me that I needed to let go? Let go of the past and be ready for a new future? With a Zak, a happier way of life. Was it telling me to let go of the pain I had endured?

Or was I simply losing my fucking mind and letting this all exaggerate in my mind?

I had considered that too, in some depth. That maybe I had let this all run away with me. That the daisy, much like I thought Zak would say, was nothing but a coincidence? That it was probably blown onto the museum property, or someone had dropped it.

Maybe I could have considered that into a decent light, if we were closer to the strip, if people were always lingering around, if the museum had fresh flowers, IF that daisy was there when we first arrived. But it wasn't.

So consumed in all this that I even considered going to the museum and reviewing the CCTV footage, but then that would of course break me.. It would either show someone dropping the flower or the wind blowing it off the grass. Because a flower couldn't just appear, could it?

Not to mention telling Zak why I wanted to check the cameras, because without doubt he would have questions...

So instead I was here, sat in the air conditioned car, avoiding the sun that seemed to try and engulf me in the flames of hell. Whilst I stared at the large two storey building, it's extraordinary glass window dominating the front, falling into a small set of glass doors. Palm trees sat along each side of the building, stretching high and offering a small amount of shade from the ball of gas which had been summoned from hell, most people call it the Sun. I was beginning to differ.

The first storey windows along the front of the building were cladded with venetian bright green blinds. At first, I considered it rather weird, but against the stone of the building and the palm trees, the green blinds worked and I was soon becoming fond of them. The large white sign welcomed visitors, its words were not in the standard hard bold Roman font, but instead a graceful and almost relaxed kind of scripture font. Removing the feeling of clinical hardness.

This place so far was everything I could ever hope, but then again I hadn't ventured inside, because I hadn't had the courage to as of yet.

The soft vibration against the leather made me turn away from the building and glance down at passenger side seat. Where a box, my purse, a bunch of keys and my phone sat.

Moving the keys aside, I picked up my phone to see Zak's name flashing on the screen, his beaming smile looking at me from the caller ID picture. I watched until the call cut off and his call added to the number already displayed.

Zak - Missed Call (15)

He deserved better. So much better.

I knew right now he would be angry. He would be shouting and spitting in fury as he realised I had not only taken his car. But I had also took all the keys to his other cars so that he couldn't come and find me. Because I wasn't suppose to be here...

I could envision him slamming his hand down in rage and cussing as he marched around the house. Trying to work out why I had gone to such lengths rather than just ask.

It was simple... He couldn't know where I was. I didn't want him to talk me out of this. Because I needed to do it for myself, to get past whatever barrier I felt was holding me back.

If the daisy was message of a new beginning then I had to settle an old tie.

But saying goodbye to Cody was never an old tie. He was once my fiancé. He was once the love of my life. He was once the father to my unborn baby.

Which is how I came to be sat outside the psychiatric and rehabilitation hospital. Trying to pluck up courage to leave the coldness of the car and enter the building. However that courage never came and I was still sat here..

But it's weird how things turn out. Isn't it?

Because I didn't have to wait long to envision the rage on Zak's face, because a few seconds later, I found him glaring at me through the passenger window as a Taxi drove away.

"Are you out of your damn mind?!" The voice growled from his throat. His blue and grey eyes burning ice cold deep into my soul. His jaw clenched at my antics.

However it flickered, the anger turned to worry, then concern then stone cold shock. As his eyes landed on the contents of my passenger seat.

One phone.

5 sets of keys.

And a pregnancy test....