41- One weight

This. Was. Not. Happening.

Unable to think, I watched as Zak stepped back before marching around the car. His eyes fixated on me.

My hand shot out and hit the lock, sealing me in the car just as he pulled at the handle of the door. Aggravation bit at his features, his eyes blazed but instead of yelling. He closed his eyes, stepped back and took a breath.

"Open... The door."

Cool, calm, controlled..

I shook my head when he opened his eyes, denying his request, scared of what may happen if I did. I wasn't scared of Zak or what he might do. I was scared that the second I opened the car door, that all this was going to become real. Right now, this was all speculation, that I could be pregnant. That I could still deny that anything was wrong. I could lie through my teeth and fix a smile. Or at least I could.... Until Zak found me.

"Open the door Leah. Now." He spoke.

"I... I can't."

"Just use the fob and unloc—"

"No! No. I.." I trailed off and gripped the steering wheel under my fingers. He deserves better than this...

It's still salvageable.

Wrong! Everything you touch is ruined!

I brought my head forward and laid it on the steering wheel, accepting my fate that I have screwed up one of the best things in my life and I was about to lose someone all over again.

"Baby.. Open the door."

As a tear rolled down my cheek, my hand slid from the wheel and I opened the car door. Letting him in and preparing myself for the consequences.

His fingers removed the keys from the ignition before he crouched down and rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken them. I shouldn't have taken your car. I'm sorry. I just..." I shook my head and clamped my eyes shut.

"Cody doesn't want to see you–"

I fling myself back in the seat "Who says he was going to see me?!"

"Well that's why you are here... Isn't it?"

I shake my head "I just... I need to see that he's okay, to move on."

"But I thought you were moving on. What's happened since?"

"Nothing." I lied wiping my cheeks and grabbing my phone. "H-have the car. I need to go."

My body began working on its own accord as I got out and swerved past him, after deliberating in the car for so long. I was now putting myself in action.

Marching in, I went straight to reception, looking at the receptionist and her friendly smile. "How may I help?"

With my heart racing in my chest, I answered "I-I'm here to see someone. He was admitted a few days ago. His name is C-Cody."

.......

A nurse escorted me through the building quietly, speaking to me in a quieter tone in a hope that we wouldn't disturb anyone whilst they were here.

After finding out Cody's schedule and addressing my reason (in a fashion) for being here, I was allowed to go and see him.

"He's just in there." She whispered nodding to the window. I looked at her worried. "It's a one way glass, he can't see you."