What Just Happened

Getting back to your house you help Makeshift get settled in. The dragon wanders around the empty place knocking stuff over. She turned and hit a basket of apples off the table. "Hey!" You run to pick them up, giving her a playful glare. She croons back.

You walk her to the spare room. "You can sleep here. And have a room all to yourself." The Changewing looks at the room walking around smelling, then looking back to you. "What'd ya thing?" She finally decided to lay down in the corner and sleep. You watch her for a while before walking out quietly and up to your room.

The two of you had been home for a while now. Makeshift slowly woke up about half an hour after you left. She watched you as you watch the fire. You occasionally glanced at her. In all honestly she was making you feel uncomfortable. A log dropped in the fire causing it to spark a bit. You noticed her head turn toward it. She walked cautiously to the fire and watched closer. Then looked at you as if asking for an explanation. You just laughed at her and shook your head lightly. A yawn escaped your lips. "Time for bed, girl." You scratch her gently behind the ear.

When you get into your bed you feel sleep pushing you even more under the warm covers. Just as you drifted you felt eyes watching you. In the doorway you saw Makeshift.

"What?"

She took a few steps toward you until she was at the side of your bed. Then, like an over grown puppy, she curled up on the floor next to you, resting her bed on the bed. You smiled and kissed her nose. Then drifted off.

The next morning you awoke to Makeshift tapping your shoulder. You groaned turning over.

"Go away."

She growled softly and poked harder. This time you sat up, "what?" You hear a knock on the door. "Oh." You say getting up quickly. "It's probably Hiccup." You said aloud. Noticing you slept in your clothes, you put on a different wear and quickly make your way downstairs. Makeshift walking behind you being curious as usual.

You open the door to low and behold, Hiccup. "Good morning." He replied in his "morning person mood." You stretch and mumble a good morning back. "Sorry if I woke you, but I wanted to know if you would want a saddle for Makeshift." He looked at the dragon, which poked it's head out through the door, being curious. "And I would highly recommend it." He smiled.

"Oh, thank you I would love one."

"Could I measure her?"

You stand aside to let the young man in. He pulled out a measuring tape and held it to her writing down some things. When he was done he turned to you. "Any fancy design?" You shake your head, "no I wouldn't want bother you with that." He shrugs "I wouldn't mine but whatever you would like." He smiles. "I'll get to work right away. It should take quite a long time with all this fancy design work I'll have to do." He smirks. You tilt your head confused. "But I didn't want- oh." You shake your head and sigh. Hiccup grins joining in on your laughter. "I thought I was going to have to explain it." You burry your face in your hands. "I'm sorry. Not a morning person." You head him chuckle some more. "What?" You ask in defense. "(Y/n), it's 11:00." You look up from your hands. "Ok, stop get out."

"What?"

"Now." You push him playfully towards the door. "Hang on, this is very rude (y/n). You treat all your house guests like this?!"

"Nope, just you." You hide your laughter as he continues to ramble. "There will be consequences!" You let the laugh out. "I'll take my chances." Hiccup laughs before leaving. "Your choice." He shrugs, then leaves.

About two weeks had passed. Hiccup had finished the saddle. And you and Makeshift had gotten along quite well and had bonded the last couple weeks. Some might say with Hiccup too.

You sat inside your room and tried to draw Makeshift. Although she kept moving and blending in with everything making it hard. Frustrated, you threw your pencil down as she disappeared for the 7th time. She showed herself again and crooned as if trying to make you mess up, but who could blame her? She was bored. Makeshift nudged you.

"Fine fine ok I'm coming."

You decide that going to the cove seemed like a fun option. So you took off with Makeshift toward there. You watch the village from above, spotting Hiccup and Toothless helping out some of the villagers. His dad probably made him. Trying to show him how to be chief and all that. You chuckle before asking Makeshift to take off. Within minutes you were there. You land gently and go sit on a rock. A breeze swept by you and you signed with it, having deja-vo. A smile crossed your face as you think of swimming.

"Hiccup is going to be busy today." You say to Makeshift. You think for a minute more before taking off your shirt and pants and jumping in doing a canon ball. When you hit the surface you look over and smile at Makeshift would looks at you and tilts her head.

Soon she jumps in with you. She really does like copying behaviors. About a minute of slashing around she gets out. Probably didn't like it all to well. You get bored swimming alone and get out laying in the sun to dry off a bit.

You lay there looking at the sky for a while when a voice makes you jump. Hiccup.

"Uh.. H-hey.. (Y/n)."

He wasn't looking directly at you, but his face was red showing that he must have looked. You gasp quickly ducking behind the nearest rock. "H-hey.. Hiccup.." You pop your head up from behind the rock. He quickly glances back seeing you covered. He walks to your clothes picking them up and handing them to you. Well more like throwing them over the rock to you. Putting them on quickly you step out, still embarrassed about the events that had occurred.

"Did you.. Want something.." You question avoiding eye contact.

"Uh.. Nope, n-not really. Just saw you fly by and since we haven't hung out in a while. I mean, mostly to see how your dragon is doing.. And you. Oh gods" he puts his face in his hands.

"Hey, let's just forget about it... Ok?" You look to him for an answer. Picking his head up to look at you he nods. "That would be great."

The two of you stood there in awkward silence for a bit until you decided to turn your attention to the dragons who seemed to be playing.

"Hey look." You point to the two who were playing their "Makeshift jumps out of no where and pounces on Toothless" game. Hiccup seemed to get the hint and played along. "Oh, again. Step up your game, bud." The dragon gave him an annoyed look like he was saying "you try it hotshot." He laughed nervously.

"Hey so (y/n), Astrid, Fishlegs and I are going to go explore one of the islands. Look for eggs, new dragons, that kind of thing. Would you like to come?"

A smile tugged at your lips, "yeah sure. Sounds fun." You reply. He mirrors your expression. "We're leaving tomorrow morning." He said. "I know you hate mornings but we need all day to explore." You sign acting like it's going to be the end of the world. "But that's soooo early!" You hold back a laugh. Hiccup rolls his eyes. "Hey you want to go or not?" You nod your head. "Ok, be up tomorrow, we don't wanna be late." You shoot him a "what do you mean, I'm always on time" look. "Yeah yeah ok, I get it." You grin.

You sit down watching the water shimmer in the sun. You looked to Hiccup and patted the grass beside you. He sat down. Taking a deep breath, you close your eyes. When you open them you see Hiccup watching you from the corner of your eye. Being curious to why you turned to him, "what?" Was the simple question. He looked away with blush on his face. "Nothing." You watch him closely. "No come on. Tell me." He sighed. "I can't." You punch him lightly. "Hiccup." He looks at you as you raise your eyebrow, letting out a sign and looking away again. Taking a hint you say, "look just never-" you were cut off when a pair of warm lips pushed against yours. His hand cupped your cheek a little. Not knowing what to do you sat there and waited for him to pull away. When he did a couple seconds later you stared into his green eyes with shock.

"Oh gods.. I told you I- oh gods." He stood up running his fingers through his hair. "I-I have to go." He said as he made his way toward Toothless. "Hiccup! Wait!" You called, but he didn't listen. You run and grab his arm making him stop. He looked down at you from atop of Toothless

"C-can we talk.. About whatever just happened?" You pleaded.

"I just need.. Time. Alone." With that he released your hand and took off leaving you there. All you could think was, what just happened?