Stay Away

"Come on!" You pulled at Makeshift trying to get her up. You had been really excited about traveling with Hiccup and the others and were wide awake. Something that didn't happen a lot. Makeshift, on the other hand, didn't seem to be a morning dragon. She grumbled every time you tried to push her up.

"You 500 pound reptile!" You yell trying once again to push her up. "Come on, Hiccup and Toothless are going to be here any minute." With those words out Makeshift sits up slightly and looks at you. "What?" You say eyeing her closely. Standing up she starts to make her way downstairs occasionally looking back at you.

"Makeshift what are you doing?" She stops right before the door and waits sitting down. You eye her then start to smirk. "Makeshift, do you have a crush on Toothless." She turns to you give you a look that says "no". She turns a pink color, telling you she was probably blushing. "Your color gives you away you know." You laugh looking at her. Letting out a snort she curls up and waits for them to arrive. You roll your eyes.

You fix some food, watching the frying pan closely, and give some fish to Makeshift. She eat them quickly practically swallowing them whole. "Don't you ever slow down." You grumble at her, to which she replies with a glare before snorting and laying back down.

She gets up when you hear a knock at the door. You run to get it. "Hello Hiccup!" You blush slightly at him. He nods to you trying to hide a smile that threatened to come out.

"Milady." He gives Makeshift a pat before she walks out to find Toothless. "You're here early." You say a smile appearing on your face. "You're up early." He taps your nose. "Fair point."

You offer him some yak milk which he declines, saying he already ate. "So Hiccup, why are you here early?" Blush comes on his face as he looks at you. "No reason, mostly to get you up but you seemed to be good." You laughed, "here." You walked upstairs, he watched as you did giving you a questioning look. You jump in bed and throw the covers over your head. Soon you hear foot steps coming up the stairs toward you. You fought off a smile pretending to sleep.

"Oh I get it!" He said laughing. He walks to your bed. "(Y/n), get up." He gently shakes your shoulders. You open an eye and look at him. "No! And why are you in my house?" You lazily roll over. You hear him hold back laughs. "Come on." He says pulling the covers down. You pretend to shiver. "I don't like you."

"What?" He laughs, "that's a lie." You laugh and get up. "There happy? Have I fulfill your need to come?" He blushes a little more. "Not quite yet." He pulls your chin up towards his staring into your eyes. When he leans in to kiss you, you back away. "Is that all you think about?"

"What? N-no. Just wanted a good morning kiss!" He protested his face turning a deep shade of red. You laughed, "maybe when you break up with Astrid so you're not cheating on her." He looks down rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Actually that would probably be best."

You head downstairs and out the door to the two dragons who were playing. They stopped when they saw their riders. "We should go." He said walking to Toothless. You pet his snout before getting in Makeshift and heading to the meeting point that you had set up with the others.

When you got there you noticed Astrid was missing. Hiccup turns to Fishlegs. "Where's Astrid." He shrugs. "Haven't seen her yet. Hi (y/n)." The larger boy kindly greets you with a friendly wave. You smile at him, "she's joining us for the day." Hiccup said motioning to you.

After waiting for a couple minutes, you see a Natter flying toward the beach. "There she is." Astrid lands and walks up to Hiccup, still on her Deadly Natter Stormfly. "Where were you?" Hiccup asked. "Your house. I was going to come and fly over here with you." She said. Hiccup sighed. "You should have told me and I would have waited." You felt your heart sink knowing he would have waited for her. But regardless you shake the thought from your head. After all he did say he loved you.