The Longest Wait

A/N Hey everyone! Thank you for being so patient waiting for another chapter. I'm estimating about two more chapter then this story will be done. Enjoy this one! I'll try to get another chapter up quickly so I don't leave a cliff hanger.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
(Y/n)'s P.O.V
You ran. Well, as best you could anyway. The cave kept shaking as dragons fired and boulders hit. Hiccup was a few steps in front of you, looking back multiple times and occasionally waiting if you were falling behind. Valerie continued to sob, but she has quieted down and looked about to fall asleep.

Hiccup stopped and looked around. The intersection split three ways, none showing a way out or a way to Toothless. Hiccup shouted out for his dragon and listened. To your and his surprise, a dragon roared straight ahead. Before running toward the dragon, Hiccup turned to you. "You can stay here and rest if you want. I'll go look for Toothless." You nodded and headed toward a small cut out in the rock and climbed in. "I'll be here." Hiccup nodded and started to run, then stopped and looked back. "Be safe." You smiled and nodded, "I will."

Minutes passed as you waited for Hiccup, and your legs began to grow tired, so you allowed yourself to sit back completely. Soon, you heard footsteps and almost crawled out, but stopped upon hearing whose voice it was. "We need to leave! Look, I don't like the idea of retreat either, but we are losing men and soon we might not have any."

"You can retreat! But I'm not." There was a moment of silence and Valerie stirred a little, making a mumbling sound. You bounced her a little and held her close, hoping they didn't hear. "Fine then! I'm taking my men and living to fight another day, you can die with yours for all I care." Alvin began to walk away. Drago angrily punched the wall next to him and yelled out. The tiny bundle in your arms jumped, her (y/e/c) eyes opening and looking scared. Drago yelled again causing Valerie's face to scrunch up a little.

"No no. Shhhh, it's ok." You pulled her into your chest and covered her ears as she let out a faint whimper. "Please don't cry, please don't cry." She left out a small cry and it slowly became louder. You continued to plead with her and hold her close trying to muffle the cries. Drago stopped and seemed to listen. In the silence, besides the booming from outside, Valerie's cries were loud.

You could hear his steps getting closer to you. The hole you were in wasn't that far back, so you were easily in arms reach. Despite knowing this, you pushed yourself back more against the rock wall hoping somehow you might go through it and be away from Drago. He looked in and seemed surprised to see you, but that look went away and was replaced with a different one.

"Hello there." He reached in to grab you. "What do we have-"

You didn't give him time to finish. You drew back you foot and kicked his hand away. Valerie began to cry harder not knowing why she was being thrashed around so much and why you were screaming. Drago backed away a bit and reached back in. You kicked him again but this time he wasn't caught off guard and instead managed to grab your ankle. Desperately, you kicked the hand wrapped around your ankle with your other foot. He easily pulled you out and reached for Valerie. You managed to roll around a little, wrapping your body protectively around her.

"You can't win this," He mocked from above. You ignored the pain in your arms upon feeling his foot push down on your back. You called out for Hiccup, hoping that he might hear you.

Drago rolled you back over and grabbed at the bundle in your arms. "No! You're going to hurt her!" You tried desperately to get your daughter back, but was unsuccessful. "No, you'll hurt her if you keep hitting me!" He shoved you down to the ground holding your child, your tiny bundle in his arms. You stayed on the floor helplessly, knowing that fighting back would hurt Valerie in some way.