Love on the Battlefield

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a few days. I try to do it as much as possible but I've got band camp, which lasts most of the day so I only get night. And I mostly sleep then XD. Anyway, here you go.

Also, check out my new book. It's a one shot request with Hiccup! So be sure to make a request! <3.
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
"Dad what are we going to do? What's our plan!" Another loud sound rang through the cave. The outcasts had somehow found your hiding spot.

After you finished the soup Hiccup fed you, you simply waited to see if it was going to stay down. Thankfully it did, and you were feeling stronger since you ate it. After a half hour you felt good enough to stand up. Couple minutes after that, Gobber came sprinting in as fast as he could and panted that he had spotted the outcast ships.

"I don't know, son. Valka, we can't keep running." She nodded and held a worried look. "We have to fight back."

"What? There's got to be a better way." Hiccup tried. "Maybe if we could just talk-" Stoick gave him a stern look. "Hiccup we can't just talk to those men. They have no mercy when it comes to war."

"But I know I can talk to him. If I can convince you I can convince anyone!" Stoick let out a tired sigh. "You don't know these men. If it were just Alvin it would be easy, but their boss is a madman." There was silence between the two for a moment. "So you know their boss?" Hiccup finally decided on. Stoick nodded slowly. "His name is Drago Bludvist, and he is a killer. Why did him and Alvin team up? I don't know and quite frankly I don't want to know." Hiccup started quiet for a while. "Mom please? I know I can-"

"I'm sorry Hiccup, I have to go with Stoick on this one. We need to protect our own." Stoick nodded. "Right, prepare to defend." Hiccup's eyes widened. "Dad! No, we can't. We aren't prepared to-"

"We don't have a choice, Hiccup. You stay here with (y/n). Fern, Valka, Gobber, the dragons and I will head out and drive the ships back." Hiccup shook his head again. "I'm not staying here, I can help on Toothless." Stoick turned back to the young Viking, getting impatient. "(Y/n) needs you with her. If they break in she'll need your protection." When Hiccup didn't argue, the old chief continued. "Valka, stay up near the top and provide cover with the dragons. Gobber to the right and Fern to the left. I'll head down the middle. (Y/n) I don't want you leaving the cave unless you absolutely have to. Same goes for you Hiccup."

With those words said, everyone went to do their parts of the battle. Hiccup watched them leave. When they were out of sight, he started to make his way to Toothless. "Hiccup, where are you going?"

"I have to try, (y/n). I can't just do nothing." He kissed your cheek then hopped on his Night Fury. "You can't leave me here!" Hiccup looked down at you from atop Toothless. "I'll be quick. I promise."

"No!" You grabbed his leg in an attempt to keep him there. "Don't you dare. You heard what your father said." He sighed and shook his leg slightly. "Let go, I have to try. I know if we could just talk to them then I could-"

"No! You'll die! I-I can't lose you again.." You squeezed your eyes shut and buried your head in his leg. A sigh to left the boy's lips. "I can't lose you either. That's why I have to. If I don't then-" he stopped when you gripped his leg tighter. He sighed yet again and hopped down wrapped his arms around you. "Please try to understand. Besides, you'll have Makeshift, and I won't be gone long."

"Please don't do this." He shook his head and kissed your forehead again. "I'll be back." Before you could reply he was back on Toothless and out the cave entrance. You stood there for a moment trying to process everything that was happening.

After standing there for a while you decided to find things to defend yourself. Looking at the weapons you noticed a bow with 17 arrows and picked it up. You were pretty good at shooting them. You never really had the strength to fight with a sword. When you parents were taking away that night you decided that you would learn to defend yourself. Gobber had tried to teach you how to fight with a sword, but you didn't have the strength for it. So instead he taught you how to use a bow and arrow.