Council Meeting

A/N: Hey! Thanks to everyone who has the motivating comments. I'll be sure to keep updating as much as possible. Anyway, enjoy this one :)
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
You sat quietly reading a book. With a sigh, you shut it and looked to the window. In the last couple days, it had snowed for all but one of them. Even today there were little snowflakes drifting about. Just 5 more months and you would get to see the little baby that was growing inside you. But you would also have to marry Hiccup in 4 months. As of right now you were completely alone in the Haddock house. You had, so far, kept your promise to Hiccup to stay away from Vali.

You smiled when you saw the brown haired boy approaching the house. Soon the door to the house opened, and Hiccup came through. He had snowflakes in his hair that melted soon after walking into the warm house. "Hey." He said ruffling his hair. "Hello. So? How was it?" Hiccup walked over to the kitchen grabbing an apple. "Pretty good. I tired my best to get Vali out sooner, just like I promised." You watched Hiccup as he paused. "And?"

"And... Nothing. They don't want to let him go. We're going to have another meeting in 2 days about the subject. If I can't get him out of the jailhouse and too wherever he came from, the best I can do is to convince the council to let him stay in the jail." You gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean, 'convince' them to let him stay? Wasn't that the original plan?" Hiccup shifted and put down the apple he was eating. "They, uh, don't want him to leave, (y/n). At all."

"What do you mean?"

"The council wants him to be- they want to- gods. The council wants him dead. If not dead a hostage." You stood and walked to Hiccup. "What? That wasn't the deal at all."

"I know. But the council wants to put an end to the spies. They think doing that will make it all stop." You watched Hiccup close. Usually of all people, he was the one to say no and want to keep the peace. "What did you say?"

"I told them that I didn't like the idea. Then we ran out of time and scheduled another meeting time." You stood there for a moment. Recently, there had been a big stir about the three, now two, spies around the island. The council had been talking about what they were going to do about Vali. Hiccup had been trying to get him sent back to his home island. "I'm trying my best." He said after you didn't say anything. You nodded, "I know you are." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. You knew this was stressing him out.

Suddenly you felt a jolt in your stomach and you hand went up to it. Hiccup noticed your sudden movement and turned to you. "What, what's wrong?" You smiled when you felt the baby kick. Quickly you took Hiccup's hand and placed it where yours was. "The baby's kicking." Hiccup's eyes widened as his other hand rested on your stomach to cover every inch. When the baby kicked again he smiled and kneeled down, so he was level with your stomach. "That's... Amazing." He looked up at you with tears in his eyes. "Just, wow." You laughed at his excitement. The baby gently kicked again causing Hiccup's smile to widen even more. His forehead made contact with the gently kicking baby. The smile on your face became bigger when he placed a gentle kiss on your stomach.

When he stood back up; his hands slid up your sides pulling you close in a hug. "I can't believe there's like.. A whole person inside you." You laughed and looked up at him. His hand was once again on your stomach feeling for the tiny baby's kick. He sighed when there was no more signs of kicking and his hand left your stomach. "What does it feel like? To have the baby kick inside you?" You laughed. "It feels a little weird, because I'm not use to it. But nice at the same time."

"Wow." He breathed, eyes going back down to your midsection. "We should think of names." You smiled and nodded your head. "If it's a boy, we should name it Hiccup Horrendous Haddock IV." You smiled and looked down toward the little baby. "Hiccup's a bad name." Hiccup complained. "I don't want to curse my child with that name." You laughed and shook your head. "Fine what would you like to name it?" He thought for a moment. Well I would name it Serk Harek Haddock." You smiled but shrug your shoulders. "Maybe."